NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the day ‘technology’ gets brought in to rule on forward passes is the day rugby league, or at least NRL, dies as a spectacle

Animated GIF

Refs in the first game after the technology is introduced

Check this one out brothers:

Tigers head to head @ 5.50
Dolphins head to head @ 2.00
Panthers 1-12 @ 3.50

Tigpies somehow beat us, **** this shit but at least I could win some money. Broncos win, **** yeah we broke the hoodoo.

10 bucks on the above could net you 300+

You'll likely lose your 10 bucks when the Dragons tip out the Dolphins.

Went along to the Cypress Hill / Ice Cube concert tonight .. me in my office attire wasn’t the only thing that stood out like a sore thumb.. let’s just say it’s lucky a very recent journeyman of the Broncos is now a former journeyman.. saw him and some other bloke embark on a similar toilet adventure as Kalyn Ponga during a break in proceedings..

Went along to the Cypress Hill / Ice Cube concert tonight .. me in my office attire wasn’t the only thing that stood out like a sore thumb.. let’s just say it’s lucky a very recent journeyman of the Broncos is now a former journeyman.. saw him and some other bloke embark on a similar toilet adventure as Kalyn Ponga during a break in proceedings..

Lucky the other guy was there to help the poor former journeyman who was feeling a little crook after some earlier food, like Ponga...

Tigers getting desperate chasing Mitchell Pearce but I guess two turds are better then one.

Yeah it certainly wouldn't be the worst signing they've made. They need a core of guys who know what it takes to get to the top, to lift the standards across the whole outfit. Pearce has been there and done it all, he could absolutely be like Reyno has been for us. Not as good, mind you, but he's a pretty solid club level player. I don't know if he has the temperament or desire to do it, but I think it's a smart move by the Tigpies if it comes off.

Brooks would be all at sea though. I do feel sorry for him. He's showed remarkable resilience to hang around as long as he has given the circumstances.

It just shows why the Tigers are going nowhere.

They've got this coaching plan with Sheens handing over the reins to Benji in two years but they have no plan to build a team so they're just desperately throwing money around now instead of trying to give Benji the building blocks for a future team. I know it takes more than 2 years to get a pipeline in place but geez, at least try. Chucking 1.5m a season at a bloke whose career is nearly over is dumb. Just as dumb as it was keeping Brooks over Hastings.

It just shows why the Tigers are going nowhere.

They've got this coaching plan with Sheens handing over the reins to Benji in two years but they have no plan to build a team so they're just desperately throwing money around now instead of trying to give Benji the building blocks for a future team. I know it takes more than 2 years to get a pipeline in place but geez, at least try. Chucking 1.5m a season at a bloke whose career is nearly over is dumb. Just as dumb as it was keeping Brooks over Hastings.

NRL 360 said the $1.5 million was over 2 years ... not per season

NRL 360 said the $1.5 million was over 2 years ... not per season

I stand corrected. At least he would be cheaper than Brooks but still a stopgap solution.

I feel for the Tigers, they have tried to recruit to address needs but they just can't get anyone of note to go there so they need to get desperate and it all falls apart.

I feel for the Tigers, they have tried to recruit to address needs but they just can't get anyone of note to go there so they need to get desperate and it all falls apart.

The Tigers recruitment philosophy is very poor.

I've said it before, but they've been so bad for so long, they throwing record contracts to marquee players simply won't work ... and on the off chance they get one to go there, it will only **** there cap causing more problems.

There first task is to become competitive , so what they need to do is find quality, hard working players, that can help their culture. They should be thinking mid tier players not superstars.

Once their competitive, they'll find it easier to attract those stars that will take them to the next level.

Actually, they should have a look at how the Phins got ready for their inaugural season and rebuild in a similar way ... the only issue would be I'm not sure they have a coach that could make that style work

The Tigers recruitment philosophy is very poor.

I've said it before, but they've been so bad for so long, they throwing record contracts to marquee players simply won't work ... and on the off chance they get one to go there, it will only **** there cap causing more problems.

There first task is to become competitive , so what they need to do is find quality, hard working players, that can help their culture. They should be thinking mid tier players not superstars.

Once their competitive, they'll find it easier to attract those stars that will take them to the next level.

Actually, they should have a look at how the Phins got ready for their inaugural season and rebuild in a similar way ... the only issue would be I'm not sure they have a coach that could make that style work

Oh for sure, it is all their own making and really, to change anything, they need to change their management, just like we did. Get a CEO or chairman in there who knows what he/she is doing and then clear out the deadwood in multiple facets of the off field staff. They produce a LOT of their own juniors but they lose all the good ones and we aren't just talking about the likes of Moses and Tedesco but have a look at who the junior clubs is for a number of the big name NSW players and you'll be surprised how many actually came through the Tigers' system.

I am sure the fans are aware of who the problem staff are like we were but they are powerless to change it. Until their head honcho is gone and a coach gets in there who is willing to pull the trigger on Brooks, nothing will change. And the sad thing is, those two simple changes would be the starting point to turn things around but no on wants to / will do it. And their CEO isn't going to remove himself and he is clearly one of their biggest problems. They have a great group of rusted on fans, I really feel sad for them. Their brightest spot in years was a player on loan from Melbourne, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Rough and Ready
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • LittleDavey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.