CROSS FORUM NRL Grand Final Discussion

It’s pathways as well. Our pathways are shocking. We have also had Redcliffe come in and that has taken one of our pathways we took for granted. Our club needs to invest heavily in this area, we’ve been left behind.
It’s such a cop out that our club didn’t prepare for Redcliffe coming in. Penrith are competing with how many teams in Sydney and are still getting it right.

I agree as a club we’ve been left behind. Tbh 2023 was a fluke on the back of Walsh luckily coming back to us. It doesn’t happen if he doesn’t arrive.

The mrs was going off her head at me last night when I kept saying Howarth clearly got it down saying it was the arm not the ball. Watched it again without the beer goggles on and looks like I was wrong. Another apology. What is new. The bunker/nrl and TV networks really need to do something about getting all the vision to the viewer. People are blowing up about it on social media and these plonkers at the nrl have even clearer vision it was his arm.

As a neutral I was a bit disappointed in the game. Never reached any great heights imo. Melbourne looked ordinary all night and Penrith just grinded them into the dust. Ran harder and just generally fitter. Melbourne's forward pack especially their front row looked out matched. Welch is proper cooked. Really missed Nelson.

Penrith do everything better than everyone else. Even the replacements they buy in are targeted. So often I find myself thinking ahh must that’s who I wanted us to chase.

Yeah , Luai did alright for the 10th best #6 in the comp too I thought .

Yeah , Luai did alright for the 10th best #6 in the comp too I thought .
Luai’s go to last night was pass it back to Cleary whenever possible. Then if Cleary pulls off a big play, Luai looks like a genius.

Watching the footage rather than a still, you can clearly see the white of the Steeden disappear behind some blades of grass.

Absolute joke of a decision, and I dare anyone to call me an apologist for fucking Melbourne.
Nah I've had to change my mind on this. What looks like the bottom of the ball is Howarths white pasty Melb arm.
No doubt it was an illusion.

Luai’s go to last night was pass it back to Cleary whenever possible. Then if Cleary pulls off a big play, Luai looks like a genius.
Luai took the ball from the left of the ruck on fifth tackle, but swung the ball back to the right once he had committed the Storm defensive line.
The ball now with Cleary and a fractured defence in front of him, the Penrith number seven threw the perfect flat-pass to a charging Liam Martin, who burst through a gap and slammed the ball over the stripe.
It was a play that should be shown to every junior rugby league player across the country.

Maybe the hiring of Madge will fix this but I still one of our major problems is recruitment and retention. The 3 players we bought this year were barely Q Cup standard.

Just gotta touch it .
Like Cleary did in last years GF .
Thanks, it's a dumb rule IMO.
Technically the kicking team has done everything right the receiving team deliberately takes it out and gets a benefit.
Another rule that should be changed.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Wild Horse
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Howie
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cobra Kai
  • leish107
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.