NRL Grand Final - Sydney Roosters vs. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Just like to point out that I've been blowing the Jake friend whistle for going on three years now, and as usual I've been told that I don't know what I'm talking about. One of these days maybe some of you will pay attention to what I'm saying rather than just who is saying it.

Wow. Get over yourself FFS. No one cares. If you are seriously that bothered by people not remembering your every opinion, maybe an internet forum isn't for you.

You get some right, you get some wrong - just like everyone else on here. How about that time you wrote off Darren Lockyer? LOLZ, good one bro, that worked out well.

Anyway, quit your big-noting because it's not impressing anyone.

Just like to point out that I've been blowing the Jake friend whistle for going on three years now, and as usual I've been told that I don't know what I'm talking about. One of these days maybe some of you will pay attention to what I'm saying rather than just who is saying it.

on the game, was great to see the refs continue their idiocy streak all the way to the end of the season.

When the roosters player clearly kicked out at Lyons grubber and hit it, why didn't they overturn the decision?
How did none of the 4 officials see Maloney forward pass to minichiello in that try?
What about Lyon being taken out while chasing a bomb by Jennings? Then to top it off they give the roosters another typically ridiculous hand on the ball penalty.

I was just praying one of the horrible decisions would cost a team the game, might actually get something changed if it happened to one of their golden teams. Anyway just glad this pathetic season is over.

Hence my argument that the video ref should be able to rule on ANYTHING.

Hence my argument that the video ref should be able to rule on ANYTHING.
wont get any arguments from me, ive been calling for the video ref to be constantly watching everything and be able to rule on anything at any time for years. having it only available in certain situations, and then having their hands tied on what they can rule on, is a complete and utter waste and misuse of the technology.

ningnangnong - its just another in the long long long and ever increasing list of "i told you so"'s in my repertoire that will keep growing as people keep questioning my knowledge of the game.

ningnangnong - its just another in the long long long and ever increasing list of "i told you so"'s in my repertoire that will keep growing as people keep questioning my knowledge of the game.

This might be the first time anyone on BHQ has said this.. However I like you AP, in general I have no problem with you at all and even enjoy reading your post. This "I told you so" thing however is getting a little old and becoming an annoyance, I'm sure everybody on BHQ has a moment when they can turn to another poster and go "hey, I told you so." they just don't.

God, Manly need to STFU. No other team gets the advantages they do, week in, week out, for 30 weeks of the NRL season, with Jamie Lyon's badgering and their constant milking and complaining.

They had ample time to win the game.

I can live with the Maloney to Minichello alleged forward pass. I know this isn't how the rules work but there was no real advantage gained by the Roosters (the fullback was well drawn, a pass of 10% less angle backwards was not going to make any difference to the outcome), no prejudice suffered by Manly stopping for the play thinking it was forward and in fact there were further events (a brilliant lofted pass from Minichello to SKD) that outweighed and should cancel out the "disadvantage" of the forward pass.

Jamie Lyon probably only complained after reviewing the big screen, so was no better judge than the on field referee.

The NRL should take a more robust view with ruling. Fans are just going to have to live with the swings and roundabouts of referee human error (for better or worse).

You knee jerk it and give video ref forward pass veto rights and next years grand final will be decided by an incorrect video referee call on a forward pass and have everyone saying it should be scrapped again.

Congrats on your e-penis just growing a few more inches.

I can live with the Maloney to Minichello alleged forward pass. I know this isn't how the rules work but there was no real advantage gained by the Roosters (the fullback was well drawn, a pass of 10% less angle backwards was not going to make any difference to the outcome), no prejudice suffered by Manly stopping for the play thinking it was forward and in fact there were further events (a brilliant lofted pass from Minichello to SKD) that outweighed and should cancel out the "disadvantage" of the forward pass.
it was forward, doesnt matter if theres no advantage - the rule was broken, shouldve been a handover.

Jamie Lyon probably only complained after reviewing the big screen, so was no better judge than the on field referee.
nah he was blowing up from the second the ball went out, telling the touchie that it came off jennings.

Congrats on your e-penis just growing a few more inches.
thanks! its over 9000 now.

This might be the first time anyone on BHQ has said this.. However I like you AP, in general I have no problem with you at all and even enjoy reading your post. This "I told you so" thing however is getting a little old and becoming an annoyance, I'm sure everybody on BHQ has a moment when they can turn to another poster and go "hey, I told you so." they just don't.
as long as people on here keep up the "you dont know rugby league" mentality towards me because what i say goes against their rose coloured broncos biased opinions, ill keep with the i told you so's.

Last edited:

on the game, was great to see the refs continue their idiocy streak all the way to the end of the season.

When the roosters player clearly kicked out at Lyons grubber and hit it, why didn't they overturn the decision?
How did none of the 4 officials see Maloney forward pass to minichiello in that try?
What about Lyon being taken out while chasing a bomb by Jennings? Then to top it off they give the roosters another typically ridiculous hand on the ball penalty.

I was just praying one of the horrible decisions would cost a team the game, might actually get something changed if it happened to one of their golden teams. Anyway just glad this pathetic season is over.

How insecure are you? like seriously?

it was forward, doesnt matter if theres no advantage - the rule was broken, shouldve been a handover.

nah he was blowing up from the second the ball went out, telling the touchie that it came off jennings.

I guess my point is - no harm, no foul, move on and don't feel aggrieved.

I was talking about the forward pass. Lyon didn't know it was forward till after the big screen slow mo replay showed it.

thanks! its over 9000 now.

as long as people on here keep up the "you dont know rugby league" mentality towards me because what i say goes against their rose coloured broncos biased opinions, ill keep with the i told you so's.

No one says this to you

How insecure are you? like seriously?
not at all. just like reminding people that ive been saying these things for years.

I guess my point is - no harm, no foul, move on and don't feel aggrieved.
no harm? i think 6 points in a grand final is classed as "harm".

on the forward pass, watch the game again - manly players were clearly blowing up before kenny-dowell had even crossed the try line.

Last edited:
Why don't you remind us how you wrote off Darren Lockyer?

Why don't you remind us how you wrote off Darren Lockyer?
did no such thing. i said it looked like he was going down the path of being a player who played 1 season too long - and at that stage he most certainly was. he was terrible for a fair while there.

anyway thats the last im saying about that as youre the one taking it off topic and im not going to continue as ill be the one who gets banned for you baiting.

not at all. just like reminding people that ive been saying these things for years.

on the forward pass, watch the game again - manly players were clearly blowing up before kenny-dowell had even crossed the try line.

Well in that case manly players should grow up and play to the whistle like you're taught to in u11's

Well in that case manly players should grow up and play to the whistle like you're taught to in u11's
well they were 20m+ away from a tryline bound kenny-dowell who had to run about 10m to put the ball down, so they werent in any position to do anything to try and stop the try anyway.

Nevermind.

History won't give a shit. A bit like the Matt King knock on in the 2006 decider.

And for what it's worth, I don't really like either team (i.e. I don't have a bias) and IMO the Roosters were well and truly deserved winners.

They still would have won by 2 points even if you take that try away :-P

...and I think Manly have copped it fair on the chin by the way. Unlike Matt King.

Active Now

• The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • NSW stables
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.