NRL Grand Final - Sydney Roosters vs. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...-with-broken-jaw/story-fn2mcuj6-1226733900376

It belonged to Roosters centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall. It was one of his rear teeth. It was dislodged around five minutes into the game, on one of his very first hit-ups.
And for the remaining 75 minutes Kenny-Dowall continued.
No-one knew he’d also suffered a fractured jaw, which books the Kiwi centre a place in grand final folklore just beneath the great John Sattler, who played most of the 1970 grand final with the same injury.

Talk about tough. Hes has a pretty ordinary year but gotta respect him for this

- DCE was easily the most influential player on the park. Going to be awesome seeing him and Friend make up the Maroon spine in a few years. (PS on that note, a big LOL to all the members here who kept trying to tell me McCullough is going to play Origin before Jake Friend. Friend has gone onward and upward since making his debut but McCullough hasn't shown the same improvement.

- Did David Williams forget what jumping is? Played terribly. All that raw meat is weighing him down.

- Hate him, but Watmough is a gun.

- SBW was average but a few times in that second half showed his individual brilliance and carved up.

- Was a tough game, definitely GF caliber.

- DCE was easily the most influential player on the park. Going to be awesome seeing him and Friend make up the Maroon spine in a few years. (PS on that note, a big LOL to all the members here who kept trying to tell me McCullough is going to play Origin before Jake Friend. Friend has gone onward and upward since making his debut but McCullough hasn't shown the same improvement.

- Did David Williams forget what jumping is? Played terribly. All that raw meat is weighing him down.

- Hate him, but Watmough is a gun.

- SBW was average but a few times in that second half showed his individual brilliance and carved up.

- Was a tough game, definitely GF caliber.

Big LOL at people that have a differing opinion to you, especially claiming it after one good season (admittedly friend had a fantastic season) lets not forget that even roosters fans were begging for the club to get rid of him last year.

In any case if you need to LOL at people for an opinion then well done

Anybody else think JWH was lucky not to cop some time in the bin for that sneaky little headbutt on Horo ??

Anybody else think JWH was lucky not to cop some time in the bin for that sneaky little headbutt on Horo ??

I didnt think there was anything in it, I wouldnt class that as a headbutt.

Big LOL at people that have a differing opinion to you, especially claiming it after one good season (admittedly friend had a fantastic season) lets not forget that even roosters fans were begging for the club to get rid of him last year.

Roosters fans were idiots for wanting to get rid of him though. Friend had a lot of potential last year too and was still ahead of McCullough in my view.

I think the differing opinions of Friend in 2013 and pre-2013 shows the ridiculous extent to which people base their judgements of hookers on their dummy-half running. The Roosters didn't have a particularly strong pack for years so Friend didn't get much opportunity to scoot; instead he just tackled and passed most of the time. Then in 2013 the pack starts rolling and with that extra time and space and the quick play-the-balls, we get a better exhibit of Friend's running and creativity and suddenly everyone is slavering over his natural ability.

2013 was an exceptional year for him but he was a good player before that too. people just didn't bother to watch him carefully enough to notice

Agree with that assessment. He was good before he got punted for indiscretions.

I find it ridiculous that people expected to see a penalty for it let alone time in the bin, a simple little love tap was all there was.

I find it ridiculous that people expected to see a penalty for it let alone time in the bin, a simple little love tap was all there was.

Yeah it was dumb. Not much in it, but still lucky the penalty wasn't reversed.

Wasn't much in it imo but I think one thing that saved him was Horo gave him a little one back.

I thought Aubs was lucky not to get 10 for the tackle on Lyon.

I thought Aubs was lucky not to get 10 for the tackle on Lyon.

they got the penalty try instead. I think Aubusson would be feeling unlucky that they got handed the harsher of the two penalties available

Lucky probably wasn't the right word on my part, I was surprised he didn't get 10 is probably a better way to put it.

Yeah they got the penalty try which is massive, but missing a player against Manly for 10mins could have been horrendous IMO.

In any case if you need to LOL at people for an opinion then well done

I've been saying it before 2013. The main point of the LOLling is people not taking off their rose colored glasses and judging the players objectively.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Manlyman
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.