NRL Grand Final - Sydney Roosters vs. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
As undesirable as this GF is, it's what we're stuck with, so we may as well get on with it and discuss it as the armchair Rugby League experts that we are.

This obviously fits into the "who gives a ****" category, but ultimately I can't see Manly penetrating that Rorters defense as busted up as they are. Cherry Evans and Foran will do their best but they will be worn down way too quickly by Easts hard men early in the first half.

Rorters by 10.

The other option was the media hype train and fuckfest jizzing all over the Rabbits and Knights so bring on the Roosters V Manly. The Roosters have been the best team this season and deserve to take out the premiership. They will get up by 30 after an aggressive start.

**** Manly. I hate watching Glenn Stewart. such a pretender.

I hope the Roosters get Cordner back, I'd really like to see him play again this year and possibly even pinch himself a spot in the Australian team.

I think Sydney will get up here by 6 in a pretty low scoring game.

Yep, **** Manly. Only time I ever cheer them is when they make the World Club Challenge.....purely because of the Aus V Eng thing

Hate both sides.I'll probably go for Manly purely because of DCE, Ballin...and of course George Rose.

Yeah they're both high on the Sydney shit **** club list. I don't care who wins......but, it should be a good game to watch.

It'd be fun if the Rorters win it on the back of a dodgy call or a lop sided penalty count. Toovey going off will be priceless. :biggrin:

**** Manly. I hate watching Glenn Stewart. such a pretender.

Manly having the Stewart brothers, Whatamong, Foran (whingy little grub) ......Matai....Lyon, makes it impossible to like them.

Even with DCE in the team....

Who has the most Qlders ,rooters I suspect. Either way couldn't give a **** it's Manly v the new Manly.

Any chance of a happy ending evaporated as soon as Souths were eliminated. At least their story holds more weight than...

Manly
A team looking to win their third premiership in six seasons.

Sydney
SBW's chance to complete his amazing comeback

and...

Newcastle
Bennett weaving his magic for the 8th time/the Buderus reunion tour gets to go out on a happy ending...

This final annoys me in the sense that it's between the two teams that benefitted from the salary cap revision. Manly were under all sorts of pressure when it came to keeping that side together and there was talk of having to get rid of B. Stewart, D. Williams & Kite. Yet, somehow they knew if they bided their time they'd be able to keep all three and not only that but sign a few expats. Hrmmm...

Then the Roosters got to add to their Maloney & SBW deals by signing both Jennings and LOD around the time of cap upgrade. Again...hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Manly having the Stewart brothers, Whatamong, Foran (whingy little grub) ......Matai....Lyon, makes it impossible to like them.

Even with DCE in the team....

well, I actually love Kieran Foran. he exemplifies the kind of rugby league that I enjoy watching ... but yeah, there are still too many things to dislike about Manly.

Last edited:
As long as it wasn't the knights I wouldn't be unhappy with who won the grand final.

I'd probably be happier with manly winning. As much as that pains me to say, there's just really nothing I hate about them these days other than the fact they're manly. Oh and watamong. I'd like to see cherry Evans get another premiership, ballin too. Jamie Lyon is also just a pleasure to watch when he's on song. Don't think I've ever seen a better centre then him in terms of beating his man and setting up his winger.

Last edited:
well, I actually love Kieran Foran. he exemplifies the kind of rugby league that I enjoy watching ... but yeah, there are still too many things to dislike about Manly.

Agreed, love watching Foran play.

I actually love watching Lyon play too, just so much class.

If it brings DCE earlier to Brissy... Go manly

I will be going for Manly.

I would prefer a bomb to fall on the field & take them all out. :winky:

One positive that could come from the Roosters winning would be Pearce and Maloney being again selected for NSW next year. If you consider that, it's also good that Newcastle lost, as Mullen is clearly NSW's best half alongside Carney.

One positive that could come from the Roosters winning would be Pearce and Maloney being again selected for NSW next year.

They will be picked no matter where the Chooks are on the ladder.

I'm going for whatever result that sways DCE in our direction.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Dony Eliakim
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.