NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the knight's are a funny one. They spent those years at absolute rock bottom the laughing stock of the nrl. Since then they've built a decent team, got some big names signings and hovered around the top 8. Yet fans seem more then content?

If im a knight's fan im fuming at the position they're in, they should be contending for a premiership given they had the chance to start from scratch. Yet they and most analyst's seem content with them been medicore.

You can guarantee if Brisbane signed a marquee ponga like player around a pretty handy squad and weren't threatening for a premiership it would be classes as a mass failure.

That did happen to us with Milford

Wests Tigers outside back Asu Kepaoa has suffered a major setback in his return from an ACL injury, tearing his pectoral muscle at training this week.

you have to feel for the kid, 21 years old, and that's two pretty major injuries back to back

Raiders young gun Harley Smith-Shields has suffered a confirmed ACL injury at training on Wednesday. he will miss the entire 2022 season

Raiders young gun Harley Smith-Shields has suffered a confirmed ACL injury at training on Wednesday. he will miss the entire 2022 season

I genuinely have no idea who that is but poor guy.

WTF is going on with all these ACL injuries at training
It's just part of the game. They usually happen when someone suddenly slows down/changes direction or steps with their foot firmly planted. I've been racking my brain since last year about how to avoid this during training but those 3 things that cause it is about 75% of what happens at a rugby league training session.

It's just part of the game. They usually happen when someone suddenly slows down/changes direction or steps with their foot firmly planted. I've been racking my brain since last year about how to avoid this during training but those 3 things that cause it is about 75% of what happens at a rugby league training session.
Yes, it's a gamble, and it's unlikely to be avoided without the use of some kind of medication. Although I doubt that drugs will help.

There is a “knees over toes guy” on Instagram who was just on joe rogan and he’s changing the whole dynamic of leg/knee training. Hopefully his stuff catches on here. I’m thinking it’s needed.

Schuster is set to miss the opening six weeks of the NRL.

Ordinarily I'd say they should be able to cover for him but their opening two matches are against Penrith and Sydney who for mine are the competition heavyweights and Manly need all the help they can get. They're pretty light on the edge as well with Andrew Davey coming off a knee reconstruction and Chan Kum Tong being a developmental prospect. Their only other option is Karl Lawton who was handy for them off the bench, otherwise they maybe forced to move Boyle or Bullemor into that position.

Either way, Schuster really gave them an edge in attack and had a very similar influence as Wade Graham for Cronulla where he really opens up that left edge for the Sea Eagles.

Damn the butchers bill is a big one this off season re: ACL injuries.

Ryan Papenhuyzen is in doubt for round 1 with an ankle injury picked up in the clubs Geelong camp earlier this month

Ryan Papenhuyzen is in doubt for round 1 with an ankle injury picked up in the clubs Geelong camp earlier this month

Never go to Geelong (just kidding, its actually a nice place).

Ash Taylor retiring due to his chronic hip issues.

Poor bloke, could've been absolutely anything if he stayed healthy physically and mentally.

I'd heard the other day he wouldnt be playing next year. Must have decided now is a better time to call time on his career. Shame for him.

He will go down as a wasted talent.

Had the potential but couldn’t go up that level and just went to shit at the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.