NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latrell Mitchell is unable to return in round 14, he tested positive to COVID yesterday. he is now in isolation for a week

Karl Lawton gone for the season.

ACL rupture.

Haven't seen this posted, but it looks like Liam Knight has done his ACL directly due to a cannonball tackle... this has been flagged as a risk for fucking ages, but the NRL has been soft on penalising it.

Well now it's happened, what everyone could foresee but the league were too soft to eradicate when they had the chance. A player has now received a significant injury and given he's a fringe first grader it could possibly be very significant in regards to his actual career.

Haven't checked what punishment will be handed down to the tackler, but you can no doubt imagine he will be used as a scapegoat and given a huge suspension.

Haven't seen this posted, but it looks like Liam Knight has done his ACL directly due to a cannonball tackle... this has been flagged as a risk for fucking ages, but the NRL has been soft on penalising it.

Well now it's happened, what everyone could foresee but the league were too soft to eradicate when they had the chance. A player has now received a significant injury and given he's a fringe first grader it could possibly be very significant in regards to his actual career.

Haven't checked what punishment will be handed down to the tackler, but you can no doubt imagine he will be used as a scapegoat and given a huge suspension.

That dickhead making the tackle should be suspended for as long as the injury. Canon balls are the worst, there's absolutely no reason to do it unless you're a grub.

That dickhead making the tackle should be suspended for as long as the injury. Canon balls are the worst, there's absolutely no reason to do it unless you're a grub.
Apparently the parra player who did the tackle will only miss 3 weeks... 3 fucking weeks!!!

Liam Knight will spend the next 6-9 months rehabbing his knee and hoping to get another NRL contract and the guy who did will only spend 3 weeks on the sideline.

If the penalty for doing that kind of bullshit dirty as **** tackle is only 3 weeks, then I reckon I know how the comp should be trying to tackle Cleary from now on... it's a 1 horse race at the moment and you could take out the premier player in the comp for the cost of 3 fucking weeks.

This game... actually no this administration is deadset fucked in the head.

Apparently the parra player who did the tackle will only miss 3 weeks... 3 fucking weeks!!!

Liam Knight will spend the next 6-9 months rehabbing his knee and hoping to get another NRL contract and the guy who did will only spend 3 weeks on the sideline.

If the penalty for doing that kind of bullshit dirty as **** tackle is only 3 weeks, then I reckon I know how the comp should be trying to tackle Cleary from now on... it's a 1 horse race at the moment and you could take out the premier player in the comp for the cost of 3 fucking weeks.

This game... actually no this administration is deadset fucked in the head.
Guarantee it's more than 3 weeks if someone hits Cleary with that tackle. You'd be out for the rest of the year.

Channel 9 just said Paps fractured his kneecap in 10 places ... ouch

Could that be career ending or at least put him out a fair chunk of next year?

not sure ... but sounds like he'll be setting metal detectors off at the airports

Everyone of the channel 9 commentators seemed to think that Herbie will not be back this season. Either they know something we don’, or they are simply out of touch with our club.

Everyone of the channel 9 commentators seemed to think that Herbie will not be back this season. Either they know something we don’, or they are simply out of touch with our club.

Joey was talking about Cobbo being back for us AFTER the team was announced. even tipped him to be FTS. they have no idea.

although they did say Herbie could be back by round 25

Its not career threatening, but its not so much the knee cap thats the issue, its the tendon beneath it. If the Tendon is ok and its just the knee cap alone he should have a pretty straightforward recovery. Pedro Neto, who plays for the football team i follow had a similar injury and it took him around 9 months to get back on the field and then probably another 3 months or so to start looking like the player he was pre injury because his tendon got damaged i believe.

Players aren't the best judges but I asked and he said goal is still just before finals.
How's he going to go with his strength after the rehab stint?

Feel like he won't be able to do any strength work on that arm, so he either becomes unbalanced (one arm / side stronger than the other) or he loses muscle mass... or is that all factored into the rehab length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.