LIVE NRL Nines 2020

theshed

NRL Player
We suck lol. Croft didn’t do much of anything when you compare him to other young guys like Drinkwater and Dearden.

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
We suck lol. Croft didn’t do much of anything when you compare him to other young guys like Drinkwater and Dearden.
Croft is only an ok player. He’s no world beater and never will be. He’s a bit limited.

Last edited:

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
good to know we will not only beat the Storm, but finish higher than them in the season ...

and it appears the Titans are finals bound in 2020 ...

I mean, since the nines is a spoiler for the upcoming season right?
What about the fact that we played very similar the entire 2019 season? It’s not just nines, it’s 2019 plus the nines. Did you see anything you liked?

Finbar

NYC Player
Ah well, beat the Storm and hopefully only a very minor injury to Milford. Dearden, Croft and Turpin all looking good. Turpin putting good shots on, Croft making his tackles and Dearden looking threatening with the ball in hand. Liked what I saw from Paix as well and he has some pace too!

I'm not too worried about the forwards seeming a bit off the pace, Seibold just put them through the toughest pre-season they've ever done so they could still be a bit heavy in the legs, especially considering how young and big they are.

AndyB

QCup Player
Not surprised a lot of the players look rusty, dropped balls etc, it's incredibly humid conditions here in Perth today, very draining.

Alec

International Rep
Pretty much the only team to go 100% with the strongest squad in the Nines and couldn't even get into the quarters lol.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Not surprised a lot of the players look rusty, dropped balls etc, it's incredibly humid conditions here in Perth today, very draining.
The other teams were playing in very similar conditions and at least had a clue this weekend.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Surprised how some people are taking this. The matches are basically just pre-season trials, but with less players and less intensity.

It's like when you're at footy training, and in the last 15-20 minutes, you split the team into two and play a game - AKA the best part of footy training!

It's all about getting some fitness under the belt, having a bit of fun, and giving the fans a day out.

Half the team is missing FFS, and even then, we're not just going to turn into world beaters from round one. It's going to take some time everything to come together, after what has hopefully been a tough off-season, with a lot of planning and forethought.

I wouldn't be reading anything into the performances.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I can't believe people are unironically panicking about our performance in the Nines, lol.

The Eels won the Nines a few years ago and got the spoon in the real comp, it's so irrelevant.
The Eels "won" it in 2016 when they were one of the form teams of the competition before the salary cap drama engulfed the club and they had to gut their squad. They actually made Top 4 the next year before crashing to a wooden spoon a year later.

All the other winners either went onto have success (Cowboys, Roosters) or were in the middle of their victory lap (Souths).

Last edited:

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
I said this yesterday but I'll say it again: Calm down. It's the Nines. It is far more likely than not that the players had instructions not to take it too seriously, glorified trial match and all that. This tournament likely won't even exist next year so why does it matter now?

Melbourne didn't win a single game, should they be hitting the panic button?

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Oh my gosh, those refs are going to be in all sorts of trouble. It didn't even look close to being in live.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surreal

Twitter