NRL Nines 2020

Steve Renouf's no try in the 1990 reserve grade final was a disgrace

[automerge]1581754481[/automerge]
Still my pick.

Cummins on Gillett would be my #2.

I remember that one, far out that was horrible.

Last edited:
Steve Renouf's no try in the 1990 reserve grade final was a disgrace

[automerge]1581754481[/automerge]

I remember that one, far out that was horrible.

Looks like he dropped it cold at 2:35?

I have re-watched it a few times and I'm not convinced he didn't score that one. There was some indication that he may have lost possession falling down but it also looks like he may have regathered it was well in the process. To be fair if that was the ruling to why they didn't award it fair enough there is some doubt to that, but he wasn't held up.

Last edited:
Yeah I see what you mean, no way was he held up so it's a clanger based on the ruling even if the end result is likely the correct one. I guess we'll never know with the 15 pixels in that video.

Can we swap the coaching staff maybe? Please?

it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the Dragons girls just play in hot pants in the next year or two

it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the Dragons girls just play in hot pants in the next year or two

Well it certainly works for the volleyballers...

The closest comparison I can come up with is the different formats in cricket, it's not 1:1 but scenarios that play out in one form can lend themselves to others.

Except in cricket the teams take the other formats seriously and send their best teams. No comparison at all.

The only thing the Nines is good for is getting some minutes for young guys who are no chance of playing in the NRL, and getting some miles on the legs of a few of your first graders.

The top 4 in the Nines this year are the Eels, Dragons, Titans and Cowboys. 3 of those sides were literally the worst 3 sides in the NRL last season, and the Eels sent 90% of their first grade squad over. This genuinely means jack shit.

Except in cricket the teams take the other formats seriously and send their best teams. No comparison at all.

The only thing the Nines is good for is getting some minutes for young guys who are no chance of playing in the NRL, and getting some miles on the legs of a few of your first graders.

The top 4 in the Nines this year are the Eels, Dragons, Titans and Cowboys. 3 of those sides were literally the worst 3 sides in the NRL last season, and the Eels sent 90% of their first grade squad over. This genuinely means jack shit.

Yet the record books say different and players who have made a name for themselves in the 9s have gone onto make something of themselves in the NRL.

Similar to how players who have starred in other formats have received opportunities in other forms of the game in cricket.

Yet the record books say different and players who have made a name for themselves in the 9s have gone onto make something of themselves in the NRL.

Similar to how players who have starred in other formats have received opportunities in other forms of the game in cricket.

Wait.. are we talking about individuals or teams? I agree that the Nines is great for individuals to make a name for themselves, I'm just saying the overall team performance means **** all.

Unless of course you're proposing this top 4 is an indication that the Titans, Cowboys & Dragons are going to be among the best sides in the NRL this year?..

Wait.. are we talking about individuals or teams? I agree that the Nines is great for individuals to make a name for themselves, I'm just saying the overall team performance means **** all.

Unless of course you're proposing this top 4 is an indication that the Titans, Cowboys & Dragons are among the best sides in the NRL this year?..

Both, a lot of the top teams tend to have those up and coming players in their squad.

No, but as past records have shown the winner and even the runner up have gone onto have success in the NRL. Outside of the Warriors in 2016, none of them have been stragglers.

I wouldn't read too much into last year's standings either. The Broncos were coming off their worst season in their history when they made the final. It was a sign that they were on the way back-up, same with Cronulla in 2015, Eels in 2016 and Roosters in 2017.

In saying that, the Auckland 9s may have been a better guide since it was better structured competition.

Last edited:
She's a grub.

My girl needs to do this another couple of times

Not surprised a lot of the players look rusty, dropped balls etc, it's incredibly humid conditions here in Perth today, very draining.

We’ve heard this every pre-season since 2012

Active Now

• mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.