NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Will Smith has possibly committed career Suicide by joining the Parramatta Squad.

So with a massive player turn over at the Titans, they're going to be fielding a very different team next year, they look extremely thin in the outside backs department.

1. Hayne
2. Don
3. Sarginson
4. Hurrell
5. Olive
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. James
9. Peats
10. Shillington
11. Taia
12. Proctor
13. McQueen

14. Wallace
15. Paasi
16. Pulu
17. Roberts

wrong. Willy Zillman!

So with a massive player turn over at the Titans, they're going to be fielding a very different team next year, they look extremely thin in the outside backs department.

1. Hayne
2. Don
3. Sarginson
4. Hurrell
5. Olive
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. James
9. Peats
10. Shillington
11. Taia
12. Proctor
13. McQueen

14. Wallace
15. Paasi
16. Pulu
17. Roberts

You got to expect, for the amount of money that he signed on, that Wallace will be starting ahead of Shillington.

Jamal Idris signed with the Wests Tigers yesterday

[h=1]Knights sign Sio[/h][FONT=&quot]By Josh Chahal
October 31, 2016

THE Knights have announced the signing of former Eels flyer Ken Sio.

The 26-year-old will return to the NRL after spending a couple seasons with Super League side Hull KR.
Newcastle coach Nathan Brown was delighted with the addition of the versatile back, who has scored 67 tries in his 105 first grade appearances.
“We are pleased to be able to add Ken to our group after he had two good seasons in the English Super League,” said Brown.
“While still only 26-years-old, he brings valuable experience to our squad having made his NRL debut at a young age.”
Sio will join up with the squad when they return to pre-season training next week.
[/FONT]

Zak Hardaker is trying to make his way back to the super league.

He hasn't been in the NRL for long.

He was only loaned to the panthers until the end of the year as part of the segeyaro swap.

Zak Hardaker is trying to make his way back to the super league.

He hasn't been in the NRL for long.
Think it was always intended to be a short term thing?

Have to think he wouldn't be satisfied with the experience though. Played off the bench for minimal time and impact.

Wonder if he might try a second go around. Can't do worse than Eden or Burgess (J)...

Kevin Proctor has signed with the Tit's on a four year deal

Wouldn't mind Hardaker, good player, I really like the look of him

Now we will find out just how good Proctor is.

Proctors best attributes are running lines off Cronk. Will be interesting to see how he fares without the worlds best halfback throwing the ball to him.

Hardaker has gone back to the ESL to play regular league to get back in the English squad. He was left out by Bennett and believes it was because he came to the NRL.

Proctor is a handy player, no doubt. As others have said, Gus success will largely be measured by how well his halves can supply him with quality ball.

Irrespective of that, I'm not sure how necessary a signing this is for the Titans? Can't have come too cheaply, and I think their forward stocks are generally serving them well.

If anything, they're a bit thin in the backs after losing Hoffman and Mead. Assuming Hayne plays fullback, that leaves Hurrell, Don, and Zillman as the only established backline options. I suppose they can move McQueen back and Proctor into his place?

You have to applaud the Titans for their recent turnaround though (albeit with assistance from the NRL). They've built a pretty handy roster there. If their halves can step up they'll have a good year I'd wager.

I'd suggest that if Taylor can beat the second year syndrome, with Elgey back, they could become contenders by the end of the year. I think they probably have the biggest gap between best potential and worst potential of any side though. They certainly played with a lot of heart though this year and if they can reproduce that next year, they will be very good.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Bucking Beads
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.