NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

I'd suggest that if Taylor can beat the second year syndrome, with Elgey back, they could become contenders by the end of the year. I think they probably have the biggest gap between best potential and worst potential of any side though. They certainly played with a lot of heart though this year and if they can reproduce that next year, they will be very good.

Undoubtedly.

They showed a lot of heart and tenacity this year, despite lacking a little in terms of creativity. Goes a lot further than the opposite (see the Warriors).

If the spine can find some synergy, they'll be well primed for a big year. Taylor, Elgey, Peats and Hayne is a pretty solid line up. My reservation is if Hayne calls too many of the shots instead of letting the halves take charge.

Knights have signed Josh Starling. Now that will strengthen their forward pack immensely..

Looks like Kalyn Ponga is set to resign with cowboys on a 4 year deal would be good of we had got him.

She Rex will do wonders for that club. Him and Fifita together will be great to see :laugh:

Sharks will be strong again next year. Neither signing is outstanding but they're doing well to shore up their roster.

A lot depends on how they fill the void left by Ennis though.

And Suaia Matagi is heading to the Eels too.

Looks like Semi Radradra is trying to make his way to Union.

He did, it's on courier mail but can't access because of no subscription. Might help them retain Scott. Confirmed by fox sports as well.

Last edited:
After 245 NRL games, 12 Origins for Queensland, six tests for Australia and two premierships with the Broncos and Cowboys, Ben Hannant has informed North Queensland last night that due to a chronic knee injury he has been forced to retire, reports Triple M NRL's Ben Dobbin. The 31-year-old prop had rejuvenated his career at the Cowboys, having re-signed for another NRL season. This leaves a gaping hole in the Cowboys forward pack, having lost James Tamou to Penrith and now another Origin forward in Ben Hannant. “North Queensland is disappointed but talking to senior management they have plenty of money to go and buy a blue chip forward,” said Dobbo.

Cowboys Ben Hannant Announces Retirement | NRL | Triple M

Does that make our getting Napa a little more complicated?

They get Napa we will pinch Taumalolo off them. Hannant was on a base contract. They needed to shed someone to resign all their players. I think they will be using the majority of their left over money tying down ponga

After 245 NRL games, 12 Origins for Queensland, six tests for Australia and two premierships with the Broncos and Cowboys, Ben Hannant has informed North Queensland last night that due to a chronic knee injury he has been forced to retire, reports Triple M NRL's Ben Dobbin. The 31-year-old prop had rejuvenated his career at the Cowboys, having re-signed for another NRL season. This leaves a gaping hole in the Cowboys forward pack, having lost James Tamou to Penrith and now another Origin forward in Ben Hannant. “North Queensland is disappointed but talking to senior management they have plenty of money to go and buy a blue chip forward,” said Dobbo.

Cowboys Ben Hannant Announces Retirement | NRL | Triple M
a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db61853a62d3b3da.jpg

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncotville
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.