NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Poor comparison IMO, taking a punt in a well functioning side where you haven't much to lose compared to the state the Knights are in ATM. The knights should be concentrating on recruiting proven, quality players who can provide leadership and you can build the side around that, not throwing absurd amounts of money at a rookie of one match when that money can be spent better elsewhere. I hope it works out for them if it happens, but honestly it wouldn't take much to come back to haunt them.

I hope it backfires on them.

Stupid thing to do no matter how much potential everyone says he has.

It's not like we haven't heard all of that before..

700k a season for a guy that's played 2 games and wasn't really that impressive in either of them.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I hope it backfires on them.

Stupid thing to do no matter how much potential everyone says he has.

It's not like we haven't heard all of that before..

700k a season for a guy that's played 2 games and wasn't really that impressive in either of them.

Unbelievable.

Exactly.

All he is living off is that one highlight when he played us, when he gave away a penalty for obstruction...

Yes I'm sure the Knights signed him for $3.5m based off a couple of Youtube clips and 2 first grade games, lol.

Last edited:
From either 2017 or 2018 (whenever he gets to the Knights) he's actually going to be expected to deliver on the hype at elite level. All the hype (pumped up by his Dad and others) is going to have to be franked.

You don't get $700k a season to find your way gradually. He'll have to contribute from the outset. The fans expectation is going to be huge.

I think he will be a pretty good player eventually but I fear for him in the short term. I've seen him play some hot and cold Under 20s games.

Is this the same Knights whose salary cap was supposedly a mess?

Well if their cap was a mess, this signing shows they haven't learned anything from it.

Watch Ponga switch to Union for the cash after that contract ends. Or weasel out somehow. Freaking managers and their loopholes.

Last edited:
Green pretty much conceded that Ponga is done to the knights. If the knights could get him for next year it starts to look a bit better for them. The most relieved man in Newcastle will be Gagai now as he doesn't have to suck it up at fullback anymore because they don't have anyone decent.

Knights are contemplating trading Korbin Sims to the Cowboys in exchange for releasing Kalyn Ponga for 2017.

Terrible idea, they haven't got good enough forward depth to be able to do that.

Knights are contemplating trading Korbin Sims to the Cowboys in exchange for releasing Kalyn Ponga for 2017.

Terrible idea, they haven't got good enough forward depth to be able to do that.

The decisions just keep getting worse from the Knights.

For Ponga to be any good, they need their forward pack to go forward.

Trading Sims would severely weaken their forward pack.

Wow!!! That would be a massive win for the Cowboys and Sims!!

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • theshed
  • Skathen
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.