NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Knights are contemplating trading Korbin Sims to the Cowboys in exchange for releasing Kalyn Ponga for 2017.

Terrible idea, they haven't got good enough forward depth to be able to do that.

I'm guessing the Knights forgot the part where you're supposed to strengthen your side.. Not weaken it.

Ah well, they won't learn by the looks of it. Let them destroy themselves.

They are losing Tamou and Hannant.

They lost Tamou because they couldn't afford him. They have also re-signed players since then.

And IIRC, Hannant's money wouldn't be exempt from the cap because it's a pre-existing injury.

Last edited:
It's nice to see the Knights roll the dice. They need a superstar talent and while there's a thousand things that can go wrong, they need a marquee signing to stop the rot. Ponga is the most dominant junior to emerge since Folau, he'll be worth his weight both on and off the field. Plus it gives Newcastle somebody to base their team around, something that has been sorely missing since Joey left.

Sims is no big shakes. He's just like his brothers, consistently inconsistent and lacking the tools to be the forward leader Newcastle require. He'll be a handy acquisition for North Queensland (if he does end up there) but Newcastle shouldn't be concerned about his future at the club.

The club needs to rebuild, if Sims, Gagai and Mullen are apart of the process then so be it.

Sims is criminally overrated. He is not a forward leader by any stretch at the knights and is very inconsistent. Everyone saying this would be a massive win for the cowboys, I would be happy if I was a Newcastle supporter. Ponga is a real talent and Sims can take his inconsistent highly paid ass and stink it up on the cowboys rosters and bring them down. I thought the cowboys would have learnt with Tariq about how up and down the Sims boys are but looks like they want to learn the hard way again.

What happened to all the talk about Charlie Gubb wanting to go to the Cowboys?

BREAKING: Two of the game’s biggest stars have flown from the Four Nations tour of England straight to the US to take part in secret NFL trials.

Jason Taumalolo, Valentine Holmes my the looks of it.

BREAKING: Two of the game’s biggest stars have flown from the Four Nations tour of England straight to the US to take part in secret NFL trials.

Jason Taumalolo, Valentine Holmes my the looks of it.

Is that from twitter?

Lolo has the size and athleticism but surely he would be too far behind in learning the game.

[TWEET]800519470422687744[/TWEET]

These secret NFL trials aren't very secret.

Last edited:
If Hayne couldn't make it, I don't think Holmes will make it either.

Their player managers are brothers Chris and Gavin Orr from the same agency. They are probably just trying to bump their value up a bit.

Sandow won't even be registered in the NRL at this stage.

The incoming chief executive has said that it is a clear breech of contract and they will be retaining his registration until further notice.

Sandow won't even be registered in the NRL at this stage.

The incoming chief executive has said that it is a clear breech of contract and they will be retaining his registration until further notice.

The NRL aren't bound to overseas contracts. I'd like to think they won't do it, but if they wanted to, they can sign him.

The NRL aren't bound to overseas contracts. I'd like to think they won't do it, but if they wanted to, they can sign him.
While true, they would be extremely stupid to register a contract for Sandow before Warrington release him .

If they did there would be nothing stopping super league clubs signing NRL players before their contracts expire. And the English governing body wouldn't do a thing to stop them.

Of course there is always the option of the players existing club taking legal action against both the player and his new club for breech of contract

While true, they would be extremely stupid to register a contract for Sandow before Warrington release him .

If they did there would be nothing stopping super league clubs signing NRL players before their contracts expire. And the English governing body wouldn't do a thing to stop them.

Of course there is always the option of the players existing club taking legal action against both the player and his new club for breech of contract
They can't take any action against the club, their contract is with Sandow and no one else. That being said, I can't imagine an NRL club signing him unless he gets a release first. Even then, who would want Sandow? He's not a first grade half IMO, and he can't play any other position.

They can't take any action against the club, their contract is with Sandow and no one else. That being said, I can't imagine an NRL club signing him unless he gets a release first. Even then, who would want Sandow? He's not a first grade half IMO, and he can't play any other position.
Apparently [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION]

:tongue:

Active Now

• barker
  • Fozz
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.