NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

While i agree the Cowboys should be allowed deny a release..it's also pretty selfish for nothing. I doubt he'll play much first grade. And we let ash Taylor go to chase his dream and we let go jaydn.

Remember the uproar when we wouldn't let Hoffman go as soon as people guessed the he wanted a release? Since then everyone has done the same thing and nobody has said a word.

While i agree the Cowboys should be allowed deny a release..it's also pretty selfish for nothing. I doubt he'll play much first grade. And we let ash Taylor go to chase his dream and we let go jaydn.

FTR, we didn't "LET" Jaydn go. he was off contract and chose to leave for bigger $$$ and a supposed better path to first grade.

I also don't think it is for nothing. all it takes is an injury to Coote or one of the halves and Ponga will be in the side.

Last edited:
FTR, we didn't "LET" Jaydn go. he was off contract and chose to leave for bigger $$$ and a supposed better path to first grade.

I also don't think it is for nothing. all it takes is an injury to Coote or one of the halves and Ponga will be in the side.
Oh i thought he still had a year. Taylor did though..

And yeah that's fair enough, except he's depth. NRL players have limited years to play first grade and they're denting him a starting spot.

But yeah..I see both sides

Tepai Moeroa being shopped around by the Eels.

Last edited:
Tepai Moeroa being shopped around by the Eels.

He hasn't come good in his potential but I think he'll be the stereotype plodder-until-he's-27 and then become a top 10 forward. The Eels just don't want to wait that long.

He hasn't come good in his potential but I think he'll be the stereotype plodder-until-he's-27 and then become a top 10 forward. The Eels just don't want to wait that long.
Agreed, while he started the year of okay, he was really average in every other game. A fresh start might do him good.

Rumour is James Graham is on the outer.

If that is true, Bennett needs to get that cheque book out immediately.

Rumour is James Graham is on the outer.

If that is true, Bennett needs to get that cheque book out immediately.

Did he just re-sign with the Dogs the other day?

Edit: Never mind, must have been a different post about Graham. And no, not Tolman's deal lol

On Graham, ehhhh nah I'm good without him. A touch overrated for mine

Last edited:
Lloyd Perrett has left the Bulldogs. He was in the QLD emerging squad this year so it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Last edited:
Graham would be a perfect foil for our team. We need a forward that has a bit of grub about him. We have too many nice guys. That being said, I can't see it ever happening.

Perrett has gone to Manly.

Graham would be a perfect foil for our team. We need a forward that has a bit of grub about him. We have too many nice guys. That being said, I can't see it ever happening.

Agreed. Graham is awesome and exactly the type of meat-and-potatoes, no-nonsense senior prop that we could use. But he's 31 and the dogs will probably want him stay stay until he retires (despite the rumors) or goes back to England for a swansong.

It depends how bad their salary cap position is I guess. They may need to shop him around for whoever will pay the most if their cap is in a worse than they suspect way.

Agreed. Graham is awesome and exactly the type of meat-and-potatoes, no-nonsense senior prop that we could use. But he's 31 and the dogs will probably want him stay stay until he retires (despite the rumors) or goes back to England for a swansong.

Struck me as more of a lunch packer tbh. Cut lunch at a stretch....

:laugh:

How did you come to that conclusion mate? Do you have exclusive leaked pictures from the doggies pre-season lunch breaks?

Hahaha, just saw "meat and potatoes" and couldn't resist the 12th man reference.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.