NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Sandow is barely NRL standard but it wouldn't surprise if someone took a punt on him.

Apparently @Porthoz

:tongue:
Of course he does, he is a halfback and isn't Ben Hunt. That's the criteria. :001_tt2:

1ybu9.jpg

:thefinger:

While true, they would be extremely stupid to register a contract for Sandow before Warrington release him .

If they did there would be nothing stopping super league clubs signing NRL players before their contracts expire. And the English governing body wouldn't do a thing to stop them.

Of course there is always the option of the players existing club taking legal action against both the player and his new club for breech of contract

I'm not sure they can enforce any judgement like that if he's not in the country where the contract is registered. I can't see a judge extraditing and Australian citizen over a rugby league contract.

I would hope the NRL tell him to go jump though. NRL wanted IRU to not register Sonny Bill, but the NRL didn't have a leg to stand on.

Porthoz: "There is no way would should go anywhere near Sandow, most over-rated player in the game, can't tackle, dumb as ****"

"I heard he might replace Ben Hunt"

Porthoz:

Jim_Carrey_Dumb-and-Dumber-Inside.jpg

Reports on NRL.com that James Segeyaro is trying to get out of his ESL contract to play for the Sharks. His team is saying he will not be released and has no clause in his contract allowing him to do so. The NRL has said they will not register a contract for him as it stands.

Reports on NRL.com that James Segeyaro is trying to get out of his ESL contract to play for the Sharks. His team is saying he will not be released and has no clause in his contract allowing him to do so. The NRL has said they will not register a contract for him as it stands.
Smart move by the NRL (I know, I'm surprised too)

Because, if they registered a contract for him, without a release from his ESL contract, there would be nothing stopping NRL players from doing the same and the ESL management wouldn't do a thing to stop it.

It seems as though it's a little harder to get out of a contract in the ESL. It seems they take them more seriously than what the NRL does here.

Kalyn Ponga's father whinging that the Cowboys are neglecting his son by refusing to release him to the Knights in 2017

------------------------

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Kalyn Ponga’s father claims North Queensland Cowboys neglecting young gun’s welfare[/h]

9ad0accefd6879359d8936cd1e29b532
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Barry Toohey, The Sunday Telegraph
December 3, 2016 8:19pm

Subscriber only

9ad0accefd6879359d8936cd1e29b532
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]THE father of teenage whiz-kid Kalyn Ponga claims the Cowboys are neglecting his son’s welfare and is calling on the club to do the right thing and release him to Newcastle.

One of the hottest young properties in the game, Ponga is under contract to North Queensland next season but has signed a four-year deal with the Knights from 2018.
The family is holding out hope the Cowboys will relent and allow Ponga to link with the NRL cellar-dwellers a season early.
Andre Ponga says his son is paying the price for turning his back on the club but claims the Cowboys only have themselves to blame.
“Things went pear-shaped when we didn’t accept an offer from the Cowboys to sign a two-year contract extension back in April,” he told The Sunday Telegraph.
“Kalyn didn’t have a manager at the time and we as a family weren’t going to make a decision on his long-term future until Kalyn had a manager in place.

“Pretty much the relationship went sour with the club from that point on.”
A year out of high school and having just turned 18, Kalyn was at university part-time, studying to be a PE teacher.
But Ponga senior said there was no encouragement from Cowboys management for anything other than football.
“They didn’t allow him to do virtually anything outside of playing footy,” he said.
“He loves footy so applying himself to that comes easy. But education is hard for Kalyn and he has worked hard in the past but they just made it more difficult.
“As a family, we have always preached that footy is always the B option and education the A option.
“The Cowboys knew that was a priority for us when he signed in 2013.
“But since rejecting April’s offer, they don’t want to know about it and it’s left Kalyn disillusioned because they are not offering any encouragement to him.
“Unfortunately, a lot of the off-field stuff that was promised, that was going to help him develop as a person off the field, has not been adhered to at the Cowboys.”
Ponga senior claimed Kalyn seriously considered switching codes because of the off-field struggles.

There were opportunities at the Queensland Reds and Brisbane Lions and he thought long and hard about a move to the AFL before being “blown away” by the welfare set-up and opportunities at the Knights.
“Through all of this, it has been a priority for Kalyn to stay humble and keep to our values because as a family, that’s what is important to us,” Ponga senior said.
“The Knights actually gave us faith that there is good in the game. I can’t emphasise that more.
“They weren’t his first pick. Going down to Newcastle for that weekend, the club wasn’t even on his radar.
“But within an hour of being there, we had met the CEO, the coach, recruiter, general manager, club ambassador and welfare officer and were just blown away by how genuine they all are and how comfortable it all felt.
“He can see the growth possibilities of the club and the opportunities for himself personally on and off the field.
“We went over their system and it excited us and coming from what we have come from over the past seven or eight months, they should be very proud of their system.”
Despite suggestions a deal with the Knights was done several weeks ago, Kalyn only made his final decision to sign last weekend.
“We were fearful of his welfare. He was worried how he would be treated by the Cowboys with a year to go on his contract if he made it official he was going elsewhere,” Ponga senior said.

“In the end though, we just realised it was something Kalyn would have to deal with.”
As for an early release, the Ponga family is not holding out much hope. “He’s only 18 but his welfare hasn’t been a priority and we’ve had to accept that,” he said. If they don’t release him, we feel it will be out of spite.
“But deep down, we always knew they would dig their heels in because of how they have been towards him over the past seven months.
“He has been resilient and professional and we have supported him strongly. The family is prepared to do the same for him over the next 12 months if he is forced to stay on.
“But it excites the family that the Knights, being the No. 1 club for welfare in 2016 is a good balance that will help Kalyn evolve on and off the field.”
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I hope they stick to their guns. Show these managers that contracts do mean something, and signing someone that far out is a dick move for the current employer. Put him in Q Cup for the year.

NRL should look at this. Not before we sign Napa.

This is why family, especially parents, should never be interviewed in regards to matter like these.

They can hardly be impartial and will always side with their son/brother and open their mouths a bit too much.

Honestly think the best outcome would be for KP to go to Newcastle in 2017. Knights need him, he wants to give FG a shake, and he's likely surplus to Cowboys requirements.

That said, he's contracted to NQ for this year. Unless a deal can be sorted that compensates them for the early release, they certainly can't be expected to let him go on good will alone.

I don't really see what Newcastle can offer though, and his old man is carrying on like an absolute turkey. Certainly not doing KP's cause or reputation any favours.

If terms can't be agreed to, tough shit. Another year as 20's/depth isn't going to make or break him.

NQ want the Knights to release both Saifiti brothers to them in exchange for releasing Ponga for 2017.

Greedy motherfuckers lol.

Newcastle should just wait a year for Ponga. No need to release two of the best young talents at your club to get a player your already getting in a years time
Absolute madness if they do.

They're lacking grunt as is, sacrificing two of their most promising for Ponga would be insane.

Sure they'd get him but they'll start each set on their line and be kicking from the 20 on the 5th. Good luck making opportunities off the back of that...

Newcastle should just wait a year for Ponga. No need to release two of the best young talents at your club to get a player your already getting in a years time
I doubt the Cowboys actually expect themail Knights to release those guys.

Their "offer" is likely just a slap in the face of the Knights and Ponga's father, who expect the Cowboys to release their best rookie for nothing.

While i agree the Cowboys should be allowed deny a release..it's also pretty selfish for nothing. I doubt he'll play much first grade. And we let ash Taylor go to chase his dream and we let go jaydn.

Active Now

• theshed
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • DrGee
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.