NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2016

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
There's rumours going around that with Jack Bird securing the fullback position next year an the for the future at the Sharks. Holmes could be looking elsewhere for the fullback position. I would love Holmes here. Boyd is 28 and I would move him to the wing after next year. And look for the future no.1 at Brisbane. Holmes is a Queenslander, he's the perfect fit and he's a freak of nature.

Re: Valentine Holmes

I heard that Holmes will be the Sharks fullback next year, with Bird more than likely going to the centres, so he'll be playing his preferred position.

I'd like him here too, but i doubt they'll let him go.

Hey guys, just a Sharky living up Pony land.

In regards to this, Holmes is one of the true professionals in that Shark side. His brother is living down there with him and his relationship with Bird is part of the reason Bird will re-sign in coming days.

Even though he is young, he already has a leadership role at the club and The Sharks have a way of keeping who they want.

NTH QLD looms as a threat when JT retires as they will have a bucketload of cash.

Do you guys really think Bennett would move Boyd from fullback. Bit of a pipe dream id say. We can't sign everyone.

And welcome Qldshark, good first post.

In regards to this, Holmes is one of the true professionals in that Shark side. His brother is living down there with him and his relationship with Bird is part of the reason Bird will re-sign in coming days.

Even though he is young, he already has a leadership role at the club and The Sharks have a way of keeping who they want.

NTH QLD looms as a threat when JT retires as they will have a bucketload of cash.

Welcome mate. Always good to get the perspective of rival fans.

As for the bolded bit, I can only assume that they have written in every contract that Ricky Stuart will never, ever, ever coach the Sharks again?

I would find room for Holmes if he wanted to come, he's gonna be a star for years.

The way Holmes has been casually slotting field goals under pressure has impressed me even more than anything else.

The sharks moved Michael Gordon on to secure Holmes the fullback position. They wont even give it to Barba who is on a truckload. Bird will probably go to the centres and I reckon he will struggle there. A lot different from having space to move from the centres and at 5/8.

i reckon it would be a hard pill to swallow for valentine holmes to make a return to qld.
he was over looked on several occassions during his teen years by all 3 qld clubs, i remember watching him as a 14 year old through to open school boys. he was a freakish talent back then but for some reason the qld clubs didnt want him and the sharks scooped him up. obviously with his family still being in townsville that may sway a decision in the future.

Hi QldSharkie ,an welcome aboard! Let me just reitarate what some of the other subscibers have already said an that it is always fabulous to get the opinions of other teams fans here at BHQ.makes for an interesting discussion. Im sure it wont be long before you settled in round here an will feel like a regular BHQ ''er in no time. They are a great (most of them anyway) bunch of folk around here an even when discussion gets heated, we all shake hands an agree to disagree in the end. In my expeience ,i have found even the Administration an Moderation team to be fantasic, an fair, an everyone is treated fairly. Even the BHQ owner\CEO {Nashy i think hes name is} posts here an seems like just one of the normal guy.

So, perhaps you would like to join in a BHQ tradition for new subscribers an tell us a little more about yourself - hobbies an such? Is always neat to get to know each other a little better ?

Lmao

Hi QldSharkie ,an welcome aboard! Let me just reitarate what some of the other subscibers have already said an that it is always fabulous to get the opinions of other teams fans here at BHQ.makes for an interesting discussion. Im sure it wont be long before you settled in round here an will feel like a regular BHQ ''er in no time. They are a great (most of them anyway) bunch of folk around here an even when discussion gets heated, we all shake hands an agree to disagree in the end. In my expeience ,i have found even the Administration an Moderation team to be fantasic, an fair, an everyone is treated fairly. Even the BHQ owner\CEO {Nashy i think hes name is} posts here an seems like just one of the normal guy.

So, perhaps you would like to join in a BHQ tradition for new subscribers an tell us a little more about yourself - hobbies an such? Is always neat to get to know each other a little better ?

Never change.

We already have Oates and Kahu who are doing their job on the wings.

Big fan of Holmes but no thanks

And welcome Qldshark, good first post.
Thanks mate!
Welcome mate. Always good to get the perspective of rival fans.

As for the bolded bit, I can only assume that they have written in every contract that Ricky Stuart will never, ever, ever coach the Sharks again?
What else would keep someone at the club besides our state of the art doping program?

The way Holmes has been casually slotting field goals under pressure has impressed me even more than anything else.
This is what impresses me too! The guts and courage this kid has is well beyond his years! I don't think he will be as exciting as RTS, but i do think he has all the skills to follow in the footprints of your own Darren Lockyer. I do see his best position being 5/8 in coming years.

I feel like this is a bit of a stitch up? Maybe a running joke on the forum? :P

We already have Oates and Kahu who are doing their job on the wings.

Big fan of Holmes but no thanks
You crazy not to want holmes. No offence, but i feel the Broncs backs are a tad lame. Kahu, Maratna & a make-shift winger in Oates. The got the job done, but Roberts will be a welcome addition i feel to your back line.

I feel like this is a bit of a stitch up? Maybe a running joke on the forum? :P

Running jokes have nothing on FaithInHook. You'll get used to her.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.