NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole Tyrone May incident shows them for what they are. Nobody there really condemned his behaviour. I think they are pretty grubby on and off the field.
The constant cheer leading of Tyrone May is pretty disgraceful and I think is only accepted by them as an organisation because he's best mates with Cleary. Reeks of double standards.

The NRL though have no leg to stand on when it comes to taking a back seat and allowing the panthers to praise him through social media... he's been convicted FFS

We like to bag them out because they are extremely unlikeable as an NRL team but man, the Panthers as an organisation are absolutely a level above as an organisation and developer at the moment. They should be praised for that as they do not need to poach anyone, they just keep developing guns in house. I am so glad we seem to be getting back to that.

I don't think we ever really lost that.

our problem (which the Panthers don't do) is that we (Seibold) tried to put them all in the same team together. that was only ever going to end in disaster

I think the narrative about them being unlikeable is a bit tall poppy. They're not a dirty team that wrestle players into injury, they aren't bringing the game into disrepute by beating up people/women, they're just a youngish team having fun and enjoying their time in the sun.
Can’t agree with any of that. There are very grubby team with forearms and other shit, they just don’t get punished much for yet because they are a top team and still early enough into their career for it to ‘not be their go’. The Tyrone May incident especially with how they dealt with it bought the game into disrepute, the tik tok shit during COVID and the premiership trophy being a few off the top of my head. They are obnoxious and arrogant, most people aren’t going to like that and being fantastic football players doesn’t change any of this.

Can’t agree with any of that. There are very grubby team with forearms and other shit, they just don’t get punished much for yet because they are a top team and still early enough into their career for it to ‘not be their go’. The Tyrone May incident especially with how they dealt with it bought the game into disrepute, the tik tok shit during COVID and the premiership trophy being a few off the top of my head. They are obnoxious and arrogant, most people aren’t going to like that and being fantastic football players doesn’t change any of this.
I don't really understand where people get the arrogant and obnoxious stuff from? Is it them laughing and having silly handshakes on the field? Admittedly I don't pay too much attention to NRL media side of things, I just watch games. In fact I don't really understand the people that watch 360 then complain about 360, you know what you are getting but you keep coming back? Who's the bigger fool?

Which of the former of the premiers did people like? Everyone hates Melbourne. Everyone hates the Roosters. Everyone hates Penrith apparently? Is it just teams that are successful and enjoy their success that rub off on people? People hate the Sharks because of the peptides thing (except @Huge the loyal soldier, onya son (I actually don't mind them either)). In the last 10 years, which of the premiers weren't hated for one reason or another?

I concede on the May sextape.

I don't really understand where people get the arrogant and obnoxious stuff from? Is it them laughing and having silly handshakes on the field? Admittedly I don't pay too much attention to NRL media side of things, I just watch games. In fact I don't really understand the people that watch 360 then complain about 360, you know what you are getting but you keep coming back? Who's the bigger fool?

Which of the former of the premiers did people like? Everyone hates Melbourne. Everyone hates the Roosters. Everyone hates Penrith apparently? Is it just teams that are successful and enjoy their success that rub off on people? People hate the Sharks because of the peptides thing (except @Huge the loyal soldier, onya son (I actually don't mind them either)). In the last 10 years, which of the premiers weren't hated for one reason or another?

I concede on the May sextape.

I think Luai and Martin are pretty grubby. I think that bullshit Critchon did at Canberra smacked of arrogance and lacking respect. You could even go as far as looking at Taylan May thinking he can assault somebody just because they were giving Cleary a few verbals. I dont think the entire group are arrogant and obnoxious, but i think a fair few are.

We like to bag them out because they are extremely unlikeable as an NRL team but man, the Panthers as an organisation are absolutely a level above as an organisation and developer at the moment. They should be praised for that as they do not need to poach anyone, they just keep developing guns in house. I am so glad we seem to be getting back to that.

That's been corrected in the last 10 years. Gould did a great job.

In 2012 his first year there 5/25 were local juniors in the Panthers top squad, when it went to 30 in 2018 they had 24/30 and all 24 debuted with Panthers. They won the NYC in 2013 and 2015 and ISC in 2017.

I’ve had a google and noticed a weird coincidence. Seeing how differently the Panthers are reffed and how it coincides with the articles creating fear of AFL taking over the western Sydney area, led by Greg Alexander and Phil Gould, it starts to make a lot more sense.

What exactly was the “Western Sydney strategy” Gould often discussed? What’s the best way to get the kids loving a team? By winning.

They’re a good team but I suspect they’d look very different being refereed that same way as every other team.

I also wonder if there’s any coincidence between teams who whinge and success.

The Cowboys whinged for so long, then were reffed very differently.

The Panthers had Gould and Alexander in the media saying the NRL weren’t doing enough to protect Western Sydney, all of a sudden they’re successful and reffed differently.

Fittler whinged after that Origin game and all of a sudden the Blues are reffed differently.

I’ve had a google and noticed a weird coincidence. Seeing how differently the Panthers are reffed and how it coincides with the articles creating fear of AFL taking over the western Sydney area, led by Greg Alexander and Phil Gould, it starts to make a lot more sense.

What exactly was the “Western Sydney strategy” Gould often discussed? What’s the best way to get the kids loving a team? By winning.

They’re a good team but I suspect they’d look very different being refereed that same way as every other team.

Oh ****, I'm on board that train, if you'll have me. Well done.

CNK quitting the Raiders to join the Warriors in 2023. You'd assume that means Walsh is heading back to SEQ, presumably the Dolphins.

Here's how the Warriors are shaping up for 2023, can see yet another bottom 8 finish unfortunately. The spine remains the issue. The additions of Barnett & Walker are a step in the right direction, but it won't mean much when there's no quality on the end of it.

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Marcelo Montoya
3. Viliami Vailea
4. Marata Niukore
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Ronald Volkman / Luke Metcalf
7. Shaun Johnson / Luke Metcalf
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Wayde Egan
10. Tohu Harris (c)
11. Mitch Barnett
12. Josh Curran
13. Dylan Walker

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Eliesa Katoa
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Aaron Pene

CNK quitting the Raiders to join the Warriors in 2023. You'd assume that means Walsh is heading back to SEQ, presumably the Dolphins.

Here's how the Warriors are shaping up for 2023, can see yet another bottom 8 finish unfortunately. The spine remains the issue.
Hopefully not Te Maire Martin.

The Bulldogs are apparently going to sign Jeral Skelton from the Melbourne Rebels thus proving that the Melbourne Storm are worse than their rugby counterparts at bringing Victorian players to the NRL.

Moylan has signed a two year extension with the Sharks

Isaiah Papali'i reportedly wants out of his Tigers contract because of the sacking of Maguire and the uncertainty over the head coach job.

He apparently wants to remain at the Eels now.

Isaiah Papali'i reportedly wants out of his Tigers contract because of the sacking of Maguire and the uncertainty over the head coach job.

I don't blame him for not wanting to go to the tigpies, but tough luck you were the idiot who signed in the first place. Only reason you signed was money

Eels i think are realising they cant keep underpaying their players.

I don't blame him for not wanting to go to the tigpies, but tough luck you were the idiot who signed in the first place. Only reason you signed was money
Yeah they were a basket case before he signed. This is what he signed up for. It’s up there with signing for Warriors then getting sad you have to live in New Zealand - what were you expecting?

Eels offloaded Brown and now can afford Papalii. Ironically, they offloaded Brown to the Tigers.....awww tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • Socnorb
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.