NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dufty situation is bizarre, what is the deal with this dude? Is he just asking way too much?

This dufty situation is bizarre, what is the deal with this dude? Is he just asking way too much?

according to Michael Chammas, these are the 6 reasons why the Dragons want to get rid of him
  1. Defensive positioning - says that in addition to his 5 TA's, stats show he was the cause of all of our tries. he now has 12 "try causes" in 11 games this year.
  2. Effort and work rate in defence - says he shows a lack of urgency when trying to stop a try
  3. Kick defusals - rated 19th in the league (fullbacks that have played at least 5 games) for kick defusals this year. he has a kick defusal % of 71.4% (Isaako is 78.9%)
  4. Roster management
  5. lack of success since he's been in the NRL - Dragons want to move away from what hasn't worked. they've only made 1 finals series with Dufty as fullback
  6. Attitude - popular with the playing group, no off field issues, hasn't actually fallen out with anyone at the Dragons ... BUT, there is a perceived unwillingness to respond positively to constructive criticism.

according to Michael Chammas, these are the 6 reasons why the Dragons want to get rid of him
  1. Defensive positioning - says that in addition to his 5 TA's, stats show he was the cause of all of our tries. he now has 12 "try causes" in 11 games this year.
  2. Effort and work rate in defence - says he shows a lack of urgency when trying to stop a try
  3. Kick defusals - rated 19th in the league (fullbacks that have played at least 5 games) for kick defusals this year. he has a kick defusal % of 71.4% (Isaako is 78.9%)
  4. Roster management
  5. lack of success since he's been in the NRL - Dragons want to move away from what hasn't worked. they've only made 1 finals series with Dufty as fullback
  6. Attitude - popular with the playing group, no off field issues, hasn't actually fallen out with anyone at the Dragons ... BUT, there is a perceived unwillingness to respond positively to constructive criticism.
This is bullshit. These pricks are using stats. Everyone knows stats don't mean anything, just what we see with our eyes counts.

This is bullshit. These pricks are using stats. Everyone knows stats don't mean anything, just what we see with our eyes counts.

And what you would see with your eyes (if you watched NRL games which very few do these days) is what the stats show, he is terrible defensively. But hey, you do you. However it would be nice if you doing you could mean leaving your silly remarks to the one thread.

And what you would see with your eyes (if you watched NRL games which very few do these days) is what the stats show, he is terrible defensively. But hey, you do you. However it would be nice if you doing you could mean leaving your silly remarks to the one thread.
No idea what you're talking about. Stats mean nothing. I'll leave my posts where I choose. It's weird, you have absolute headcases on here leaving disinformation and dangerous ramblings and from you, silence.

No idea what you're talking about. Stats mean nothing. I'll leave my posts where I choose. It's weird, you have absolute headcases on here leaving disinformation and dangerous ramblings and from you, silence.

Sorry bro, I'm the wrong target for trying to continue waste of time discussions...unless it involves lists, then I'm all in.

Sorry bro, I'm the wrong target for trying to continue waste of time discussions...unless it involves lists, then I'm all in.
Discussions take more than one person. Instead of wasting my time with threats, try worrying about something important. I'm fucked if I know why you think other posters are obligated to read everything. It's only staff obliged to do that and that is the job. Make a list of all the posters who have to read what I write, otherwise piss off.

take it with a grain of salt but i heard from someone who is involved in the firewhawk bid that they are increasingly confident of getting the nod from the nrl.

and have already spoken to wayne bennett about being the coach if they win the licence.

would really suck for broncos fan if they loose wayne forever. say what you want about him but he is the reason why we have been so successful. he really needs to be involved in the broncos system in some way.

take it with a grain of salt but i heard from someone who is involved in the firewhawk bid that they are increasingly confident of getting the nod from the nrl.

and have already spoken to wayne bennett about being the coach if they win the licence.

would really suck for broncos fan if they loose wayne forever. say what you want about him but he is the reason why we have been so successful. he really needs to be involved in the broncos system in some way.
Would suck if they got Bennett. I was thinking of supporting them if our shit show continues.

Would suck if they got Bennett. I was thinking of supporting them if our shit show continues.

What the heck? Then Vlandys has won if supporters will actually jump ship just because our team sucks. I'd not watch league at all...which I'm currently not.

What the heck? Then Vlandys has won if supporters will actually jump ship just because our team sucks. I'd not watch league at all...which I'm currently not.
most of the blame lies with the broncos. I’d still support them, just the new team as well. We can blame vlandis for a lot of things but the current state of the broncos is not one of them.

For someone who (rightly or wrongly) prides themselves on not dealing in absolutes and accomodating evidence like you do, surely you can see why stats don’t tell the whole story themselves but can be used as a starting point for further exploration.

The article doesn’t just use stats, it also shows videos of his defensive lapses.

For someone who (rightly or wrongly) prides themselves on not dealing in absolutes and accomodating evidence like you do, surely you can see why stats don’t tell the whole story themselves but can be used as a starting point for further exploration.

The article doesn’t just use stats, it also shows videos of his defensive lapses.

Dude, don't engage, it just invites a spewing of more nonsense.

most of the blame lies with the broncos. I’d still support them, just the new team as well. We can blame vlandis for a lot of things but the current state of the broncos is not one of them.

I don't get it. The logo is ugly, the colours are terrible and the name is puke worthy.

I don't get it. The logo is ugly, the colours are terrible and the name is puke worthy.
Disagree, but who cares if they are anyway. If the team is out there having a go they could paint their jerseys with poo for all I care and call themselves the Brisbane poo jerseys. Second Brisbane team is also long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.