NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all going to depend on the deal for Milford at the end of the day. If its around that 350k mark a year for 2 years, its probably a fair gamble ( although i'd just give him a years deal )

Its all going to depend on the deal for Milford at the end of the day. If its around that 350k mark a year for 2 years, its probably a fair gamble ( although i'd just give him a years deal )

350k would be a horrible investment, regardless of what his manager says, no one wants to touch him, so unless it is a 2 year deal at 300k TOTAL, it is a horrible deal.

I don't know why any club would sign him until his legal issues are cleared up, if they clear up that is.
I didn't think the nrl were going to register his contract until the legal stuff is over with so I don't see how anyone one can sign him at the moment.

350k would be a horrible investment, regardless of what his manager says, no one wants to touch him, so unless it is a 2 year deal at 300k TOTAL, it is a horrible deal.

I think its about normal for a serviceable half in the NRL tbh. If he gets a move to Newcastle after that scuppered move to Souths that kind of says there is some level of interest in him. I still dont think he was anywhere near as bad most of the time here as a lot say he was, but its clear he was nowhere near a million dollar player.

If he goes there are the main man, i think its going to fail. He needs to go back to his supporting role at 6.

I think its about normal for a serviceable half in the NRL tbh. If he gets a move to Newcastle after that scuppered move to Souths that kind of says there is some level of interest in him. I still dont think he was anywhere near as bad most of the time here as a lot say he was, but its clear he was nowhere near a million dollar player.

If he goes there are the main man, i think its going to fail. He needs to go back to his supporting role at 6.

I don't think we disagree to be honest, I think we just don't have the same idea on price for the same thing. Milford needs to show he wants it which he didn't really show from 2016 mid-season until like the last month of last season, so you need to motivate him by having him playing for a contract. A two year deal at 350k a year has too much potential for him to go back into laziness. I'd sign him at 150k a year with a bucket load of incentives.

I don't think we disagree to be honest, I think we just don't have the same idea on price for the same thing. Milford needs to show he wants it which he didn't really show from 2016 mid-season until like the last month of last season, so you need to motivate him by having him playing for a contract. A two year deal at 350k a year has too much potential for him to go back into laziness. I'd sign him at 150k a year with a bucket load of incentives.

It will really depend on their 7 for me how he goes. Maybe the best option will be a 12 month deal at that $350k with an option for another in the Dolphins favour.

I actually think even at 350k for 2 years it’s a great buy. Obviously I’m just talking footy, not making any moral comment regarding the legal issue.

He’ll have guys like Bromwich, Kafusi, Nichols, and most importantly Wayne. Plus the wake up call has occurred when he realises he’s not wanted. You may not get 2015 Milf but it’s pretty likely you’ll get closer to the end of 2021 season form rather than early 2021 form.

It’ll depend who else you get in the spine but the Dolphins really need X factor and Milf on a bottom dollar price Is a good get. He basically gives you a 600k half at half the price and you can spend that money on a good 7 and still afford Ponga.

Definitely worth the risk if you’re Wayne. 2nd year club option and can replace him with Munster if he stinks.

Flogging a dead horse, and the horse has a bad attitude.

Invest the money in up and coming talent and you will be better off. The NRL is great at recycling.

I didn't think the nrl were going to register his contract until the legal stuff is over with so I don't see how anyone one can sign him at the moment.

they won't ... but his case is scheduled to be heard before the NRL season

so what he Knights have likely done is get the deal done now, that way if he's cleared they don't have to rush the negotiations and registration process before round 1

they won't ... but his case is scheduled to be heard before the NRL season

so what he Knights have likely done is get the deal done now, that way if he's cleared they don't have to rush the negotiations and registration process before round 1
Yeah I get that.
It might work providing his legal stuff doesn't drag on into the season proper.

Interesting to read that Melbourne have entered contract talks with Munster. Apparently a $4mill, 5yr deal. Thats 800k a year, seems the QLD, Australian & multi premiership winner is selling himself short.
Imagine if he were a Broncos player, clubs would be offering him 1.2m a year.
Opps, almost forgot it‘s so much cheaper living in Melbourne.
No story here, move on…

Interesting to read that Melbourne have entered contract talks with Munster. Apparently a $4mill, 5yr deal. Thats 800k a year, seems the QLD, Australian & multi premiership winner is selling himself short.
Imagine if he were a Broncos player, clubs would be offering him 1.2m a year.
Opps, almost forgot it‘s so much cheaper living in Melbourne.
No story here, move on…
He gets two off-field incidents per year though in that new contract.

I can't be the only one sitting here thinking that Munster isn't turning out to be the superstar that Melbourne probably need him to be, I reckon Hughes has been the more influential player

He gets two off-field incidents per year though in that new contract.
So one per contract then... seems pretty harsh... not sure he would be keen on it vs the "she'll be right" that comes with being under Wayne and moving to Redcliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Maddy
  • Foordy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.