NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty big f U to the Raiders

Raiders have lodged a complaint regarding the deal.

NRL says the deal will be scrutinized and that it will be on par with the $1.1 million Raiders offered him. There's word the deal is propped up heavily by TPA's and that in terms of what Souths are spending on the cap, it's below what it should be.

If I was Reynolds I’d burn every Souths jersey I have at this point.

Crawley actually slammed Souths, saying that signing Wighton is an insult to Reynolds.

p.s. the Raiders have lodged a formal complaint with the NRL

Abdo said:

“The salary cap auditor will review the contract and test market value,” he said.

“We haven’t received anything yet (from South Sydney).”

NRL says the deal will be scrutinized and that it will be on par with the $1.1 million Raiders offered him. There's word the deal is propped up heavily by TPA's and that in terms of what Souths are spending on the cap, it's below what it should be.

the reported $800k from Souths isn't on par with the $1.1 million that the Raiders offered. nor should it be, Wighton isn't a $1.1 million per season player

the reported $800k from Souths isn't on par with the $1.1 million that the Raiders offered. nor should it be, Wighton isn't a $1.1 million per season player
1.1m, so that's like 800k on the old cap?

Old cap - 9.6M
New cap 12.1M

That's a 26% rise in the cap but let's make it easier and say 25%.

1.1m offer = 875K on old cap which is arguably bang on what Wighton is worth.

Souths offer of 800k is like 625k on old cap which IMO is hard to argue isn't well unders.

1.1m, so that's like 800k on the old cap?

Old cap - 9.6M
New cap 12.1M

That's a 26% rise in the cap but let's make it easier and say 25%.

1.1m offer = 875K on old cap which is arguably bang on what Wighton is worth.

Souths offer of 800k is like 625k on old cap which IMO is hard to argue isn't well unders.

Didnt the Raiders register their $1.1 million a year deal with the NRL? I think thats the issue.

Didnt the Raiders register their $1.1 million a year deal with the NRL? I think thats the issue.
Unsure but I think Raiders offered market value where the Rabbits I think are well, well under market value.

This is dangerous territory though if the NRL wants all players paid at "market value". It's a farce the Souths can get Wighton for $300k less, but it is true that winning games and potentially premierships is a pretty damn big carrot.

But then why was there no talk about Cheese going to the Rorters for a bunch less than Melbourne offered? I can just see this shit being selectively enforced...like the existing rules, really...

Valuation.... what valuation

And here I was thinking TPA's had to be arm's length from the club and it had to be something they could pick up from any club in the NRL... guess "things change bro"

This whole thing stinks really. Is Wighton even that good? I have never seen the player the media sees.
The thing that stinks the most is that he's signing as a centre... literally the lowest paid position on the roster... compared to 5/8 which is one of the highest paid positions on the roster.

At this point the NSWRL may as well just do away with the salary cap, because it's a fucking free for all.... but only if you're a golden child in Shitney...

Unsure but I think Raiders offered market value where the Rabbits I think are well, well under market value.

I guess it probably depends on the position he's going to be playing.

There's quite a gap between what a 5/8 is paid and what a centre is paid. From my understanding, he's going to Souths to play centre and perhaps that's how Souths can get away with paying quite a bit less than what the Raiders were offering.

Good signing but doesn't take Souths to the next level imo.

This is dangerous territory though if the NRL wants all players paid at "market value". It's a farce the Souths can get Wighton for $300k less, but it is true that winning games and potentially premierships is a pretty damn big carrot.

But then why was there no talk about Cheese going to the Rorters for a bunch less than Melbourne offered? I can just see this shit being selectively enforced...like the existing rules, really...

The Storm didn't complain, Raiders are unhappy and don't want him to go. It's the last card they have to play.

Smith said all his five offers were similar in money anyway.

Even if they send the deal back and want something amended it's not going to make him stay at the Raiders. It's a last desperate act.

I think this has worked out well for Canberra. Them offering Wighton 1.1 over 4 at his current age and ability, was absolute madness. And Souffs paying a centre 900k is just as stupid, especially when their attack is already dangerous enough on that left. Wighton is gonna be an expensive decoy to be cut out for AJ to score.

And here I was thinking TPA's had to be arm's length from the club and it had to be something they could pick up from any club in the NRL... guess "things change bro"

Like when Souths tried to register Inglis for $190k, and it was found that the 3rd part deals were super dodgy (eg, including a BMW dealership based in Redfern)...?

The Storm didn't complain, Raiders are unhappy and don't want him to go. It's the last card they have to play.

Smith said all his five offers were similar in money anyway.

Even if they send the deal back and want something amended it's not going to make him stay at the Raiders. It's a last desperate act.

Smith also said that he didn't want to be paid a million dollars as he didn't want the public pressure that came with it. Hand on heart, you believe him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.