NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croft has knocked back NRL offers to sign a 3 year, $2 million deal with Leeds.

Titans, Tigers and Dragons were the ones who had reportedly enquired about his services
Surely the offers even from the tigers were nowhere near the $650 a year

Storm superstar Ryan Papenhuyzen has been secretly floated to at least one rival club as a potential recruit, but Melbourne say he is going nowhere.

Papenhuyzen has been mentioned to a team to gauge interest in his services. The club has been approached by a third party on the quiet with the message being, if he were to become available, would they be interested and, if so, at what level.

I hope all teams looking for a fb go after the young bloke and make Melbourne suffer.
Exactly, the smart teams would go for the young fella because clearly the Storm are worried Paps is done and are seeing if they can go all in on the kid.

jesus if thats true dog move by the storm considering he just busted his foot...
Yeah it's ruthless if it's true. Faalogo does look as good as a one gamer ever has though.

Exactly, the smart teams would go for the young fella because clearly the Storm are worried Paps is done and are seeing if they can go all in on the kid.
Yep, teams surly see through this….

Also hope players around the league see how Melbourne treat their players.

Hypothetically speaking, if he went to Canterbury and got back to like 95% of before, all big ifs I know, they’d instantly look pretty good on paper in the backline. Unfortunately they have nothing in the forwards.

I could see the Sea Eagles jump at him if heavily subsidised and if you tie him and TTurbo together, you get a literal two million dollar freak.

Ha ha haaaaa..... so a player comes come back from a serious injury, the guy is a smaller bloke so the 'Mastermind' grub coach thinks it's a great idea to play him in the middle with the big blokes and we are meant to be surprised when he then suffers another serious injury which is rather ironically thanks to his own grub forward team mate spearing in at the legs of a player...........and now they want to shop him.........what a hero club.

I’m not one for conspiracies, but for me this seems like the Melbourne physios/osteos/whatevs think it’s unlikely that he’ll ever get his speed and/or acceleration back (or close to what is was).

Ha ha haaaaa..... so a player comes come back from a serious injury, the guy is a smaller bloke so the 'Mastermind' grub coach thinks it's a great idea to play him in the middle with the big blokes and we are meant to be surprised when he then suffers another serious injury which is rather ironically thanks to his own grub forward team mate spearing in at the legs of a player...........and now they want to shop him.........what a hero club.
NAS treated his ankle like an innocent Balinese local

Zero Tackle is also reporting the Dogs and Eels are looking at a player swap - Addo-Carr for Matterson.

None of this addresses the Dogs' need for middle forwards though and if this goes through, they'll have three good second rowers and no money to get middles.

Zero Tackle is also reporting the Dogs and Eels are looking at a player swap - Addo-Carr for Matterson.

None of this addresses the Dogs' need for middle forwards though and if this goes through, they'll have three good second rowers and no money to get middles.
The Bulldogs do need a lock and Matterson could easily fill that role.

It does seem a little one-sided. The Eels already have a left-side winger and while their backline stocks could do with some bolstering I'm not sure if Addo-Carr's $500K salary is something you'd want to gamble on.

Matterson maybe a surplus to their needs but a fringe Origin backrow is still more valuable than an Origin winger who is on the outer.

They're making some moves though between this and the Curran rumours.

The Panthers have blinked first ... they've reportedly upped their offer to Luai by $50k a year, taking the offer to $850k per season

The Panthers have blinked first ... they've reportedly upped their offer to Luai by $50k a year, taking the offer to $850k per season

Man, he's an amazing snake oil salesman. He cons NSW into thinking he's good, he wins three premierships because of the players around him and gets $850k a year despite being worth about half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Midean
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lostboy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • ell.d33
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Sproj
  • azza.79
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.