NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its more he isnt responding well to treatment apparently. The Kneecap was a big injury though.
might be another like yow yeh career cut short by freak injury
p.s **** the vermin still hate them for that

Not sure how true they were, but there is an article out there that says he might miss the whole year and could be finished for good.

It wouldn't be surprising after such a serious injury and he is showing few signs of being able to run in a straight line, let alone quick changes of direction. Sad because as much as the Storm are hateable, you don't wish career ending injuries on anyone.

Yep, I don't wish it on Paperhouse, but for it to happen to the Storm? Feed me that shit every morning, please.
Exactly right.

From a team perspective, suck shit you scum storm.

From a personal/individual perspective, I've got nothing against Paps and I feel sorry for him if this is a career ender

Apparently the RLPA are wanting changes to the current transfer system. Based on the below they're looking at the following:
  • Having clubs lodge formal offers for players in a central register managed by the NRL, without revealing the overall value.
  • Banning players and agents from talking to rival clubs until they enter the final year of their existing contract, unless given permission.
  • Policing any public comment about potential player swaps, deeming it against the rules for an official to talk in the media about a star under contract at another club
  • Giving an incumbent club the last chance to negotiate with a player, ensuring Brandon Smith would have had to have given the Storm a final opportunity to retain him despite agreeing to terms with the Roosters
  • Restricting a development player from signing with another club until after round six of the season in the final year of a contract, keeping Sione Katoa out of the Dolphins’ clutches until later in the year

Apparently the RLPA are wanting changes to the current transfer system. Based on the below they're looking at the following:
  • Having clubs lodge formal offers for players in a central register managed by the NRL, without revealing the overall value.
  • Banning players and agents from talking to rival clubs until they enter the final year of their existing contract, unless given permission.
  • Policing any public comment about potential player swaps, deeming it against the rules for an official to talk in the media about a star under contract at another club
  • Giving an incumbent club the last chance to negotiate with a player, ensuring Brandon Smith would have had to have given the Storm a final opportunity to retain him despite agreeing to terms with the Roosters
  • Restricting a development player from signing with another club until after round six of the season in the final year of a contract, keeping Sione Katoa out of the Dolphins’ clutches until later in the year
Love all of these and the makes so much sense, meaning it won't happen.

Won’t change anything unless the nrl gives clubs cap relief for players they developed (had in their system from x age and debuted with the club). Managers will likely skirt the rules and talk to clubs clandestinely - not sure if anything outside of phone taps, access to their email accounts, and someone to monitor them 24/7 in person can change that.

Need to have a clause no signing with another club a year in advance. This sucks for all involved.

I liked the clandestine rumours about "X player talking to Y club before the 30 June deadline" better than definitely knowing 12 months in advance your fave guy is leaving.

Yeah Joffa has been playing well the past year or so, he's definitely going under the radar and is perfect foil for Patty and Payne. He can do a job for us, no doubt. Bring him home.

Not sure how true they were, but there is an article out there that says he might miss the whole year and could be finished for good.
This might sounds silly but Paps is a player I’d have absolutely no problem with if he got pumped full of the best PEDs to get him back on the field.

Go full McGregor!

My guess is that is where their Nathan Brown money is going.

With Leilua back now, I assume that takes the Cows away from Joffa. Man I wish we would throw our hat in the ring, he'd be a good replacement (note not as good) for Flegler but especially for Palasia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.