NRL Players and family members in hot water

Some are treated as legends of the game......most cases dont make it to court involving nrl players.. suprised this went that far as well as the other fuckstick hayne

Hayne is well and truly on his own as far as the NRL are concerned as he is not a contracted player and hasn’t been for a while.

Apparently the earliest available trial date in the District Court at Woolongong is August next year. Case to be mentioned on Wednesday. Given the nature of the charges and the publicity surrounding it, I think the DPP will have to go again.

Sounds like a lot of crime must be going on in woolongong

This whole case and issue is quite interesting. I'm actually not that surprised that the jury could not reach a verdict. I have very limited knowledge on legal system / legal matters, but always thought it may be quite challenging to reach a verdict beyond reasonable doubt, given the nature of one word against another. Conversely, the situation is probably too unclear to lead to a unanimous non-guilty verdict too. I have no idea what real scenario actually transpired, and I wonder whether anyone (apart from those involved) will ever know what really happened.

Cant see the DPP dropping it, I think it will definitely go to re-trial.

Last edited:
The NRL have said the ban on him will stay in place as he is still charged.
They will look like idiots though if the DPP decides against retrying him.

..................and open the NRL to litigation, he may be a total and utter grub but this has still had a major impact on his career and earning potential.

I assume if the DPP decides not to retry him then the legal process will be finished and he will be free to play.

I assume if the DPP decides not to retry him then the legal process will be finished and he will be free to play.

That would probably be true but it still means he has wasted 2 years of his career for nothing.

N
That would probably be true but it still means he has wasted 2 years of his career for nothing.
Not really nothing. It’s not up to the NRL to decide guilt or innocence. There was enough evidence of a serious crime to go to trial so he had to sit out until it was resolved. If he was found guilty and had been allowed to play that would have been a bad look. From the point of view of the NRL he wasn’t sat down for the rape but for the bad publicity and there’s been plenty of that.

Firstly he put himself in this situation. Secondly it is not for nothing it was enough for the DPP to see a case and enough that a jury could not agree to find him not guilty.

Think of the big picture if they let a rapist play for 2 years while the case was getting sorted.

Firstly he put himself in this situation. Secondly it is not for nothing it was enough for the DPP to see a case and enough that a jury could not agree to find him not guilty.

Think of the big picture if they let a rapist play for 2 years while the case was getting sorted.
As much as that may be true, this is still a case of "guilty until proven innocent".
I'd rather see a guilty person get away with shit than an innocent one being punished for something they didn't do. That is in fact one of the fundamental corner stones of our justice system.
If the prosecution's case is strong enough, the court can order remand until trial. It's not for the NRL to determine this...

As much as that may be true, this is still a case of "guilty until proven innocent".
I'd rather see a guilty person get away with shit than an innocent one being punished for something they didn't do. That is in fact one of the fundamental corner stones of our justice system.
If the prosecution's case is strong enough, the court can order remand until trial. It's not for the NRL to determine this...

That’s hit the nail on the head.

Personally I would like to see a suppression put on a lot of media coverage of these types of things. This would stop a lot of people jumping to conclusions, it would also protect the integrity of the case and the people involved in it

Wow, well his career, especially in the short term, is over.

Wait, cocaine is recreational, is it still a 2-3 year ban?
Wouldn't it be the same as Proctor and Bromwich so 3-4 weeks and maybe fines? I can't remember exactly. Oh nvm straight post game, wow.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be the same as Proctor and Bromwich so 3-4 weeks and maybe fines? I can't remember exactly. Oh nvm straight post game, wow.

Yeah I am not sure what the outcome will be here.

Some are treated as legends of the game......most cases dont make it to court involving nrl players.. suprised this went that far as well as the other fuckstick hayne
Dead set right, Hayne paid off the woman he was accused of raping in America just before the trial was about to start, I think the wording was "the complainant and the defendant came to an amicable settlement"

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Lostboy
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • mystico
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Justwin
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.