NRL Players and family members in hot water

0.053 is bloody unlucky.
Depends if it was climbing or falling. A friendly Copper might well have given them every chance and as much time as possible for that number to get as low as possible before deciding they simply couldn't let them off without charging them.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Corey Horsburghhave been charged with DUI

Corey Harawira-Naera was charged with high range drink driving on christmas eve

Corey Horsburgh returned a reading of 0.053 after a breath test on Jan 3, resulting in him being charged with low-range drink driving.
Did Moley actually get a scoop?

TL:DR
Knight's coach was drunk, tried to start a fight with someone but because it's a darling club the first article about it is claiming it's a beat up and defending O'brien.

I'm personally waiting for the NRL CEO to make a comment so I know what stance is fair and reasonable.

Last edited:

Knight's coach was drunk, tried to start a fight with someone but because it's a darling club the first article about it is claiming it's a beat up and defending O'brien.

I'm personally waiting for the NRL CEO to make a comment so I know what stance is fair and reasonable.

If Payne got 3 weeks and 50k O'Brien should be sitting out for the first 2 months with a smoking hole where his wallet used to be. I don't know what's worse, trying to pick a fight in the dunnies or yelling "don't you know who I am!!??".

If Payne got 3 weeks and 50k O'Brien should be sitting out for the first 2 months with a smoking hole where his wallet used to be. I don't know what's worse, trying to pick a fight in the dunnies or yelling "don't you know who I am!!??".
Paul kent already trying to play it down

That article is hilarious. That’s the most one sided PR job I have ever read. If the put it on less thick I might have bought it.

Notice how in almost all of this account there is only O’Brien as a witness? If security weren’t even involved, how did they know about it and then make up an entire story that’s easily verifiable through cctv footage?
Why did we need to read 2 paragraphs about his dad, absolutely clutching at straws.

I was a bouncer during my uni days and “do you know who the **** I am?” was thrown around on a nightly basis. Cops, d grade celebrities, DJ’s, bikies, nobodies. The original story is 100% plausible.

That article is hilarious. That’s the most one sided PR job I have ever read. If the put it on less thick I might have bought it.

Notice how in almost all of this account there is only O’Brien as a witness? If security weren’t even involved, how did they know about it and then make up an entire story that’s easily verifiable through cctv footage?
Why did we need to read 2 paragraphs about his dad, absolutely clutching at straws.

I was a bouncer during my uni days and “do you know who the **** I am?” was thrown around on a nightly basis. Cops, d grade celebrities, DJ’s, bikies, nobodies. The original story is 100% plausible.
Yeah it's poorly written and barf worthy. You can just smell the desperation to defend him.

I might be mistaken but was there just a single piece defending Haas? Explaining that he fucked up but that he's a young kid who has had a traumatic year a tough upbringing and made a poor choice?

Of course not. It's a Bronco.

Just imagine if it was KW instead of O'Brien, it would be wall to wall news coverage.

Last edited:
I normally defend Payne but threatening to bash a group of cops, including a woman is worse than what O’Brien allegedly did and is far more news worthy

Last edited:
I normally defend Payne but threatening to bash a group of cops, including a woman is worse than what O’Brien allegedly did and is far more news worthy
So threatening to bash someone is worse than bashing someone? Hmmm... I will be honest in that I struggle to follow your logic on most things but this time you really have me stumped.

So does the NRL Integrity unit investigate this or do they only look at players and not coaches?

So threatening to bash someone is worse than bashing someone? Hmmm... I will be honest in that I struggle to follow your logic on most things but this time you really have me stumped.
I didnt think O'brien did anything more than threaten - if I misread then my bad.

I didnt think O'brien did anything more than threaten - if I misread then my bad.
I am sure I read he hit him but can't find that now so I might have got it wrong. In saying that either way surely more responsibility is placed on a coach to behave correctly than a 21 year old football player.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Lozza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • cento
  • PETERN
  • lynx000
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.