NRL Players and family members in hot water

Jarome Luai may or may not be in strife for a racial slur that he reportedly posted on instagram.

the post was deleted 7 hours later.

the Daily Telegraph have published the censored post but according to them: "The five-eighth used the term which News Corp will not publish."

The Panthers haven't responded to the request for comment

the report says that some teammates claim the word, which has racial connotations, is colloquially used to describe a friend.

as of yet NRL management hasn't launched an investigation

an NRL Spokesman says:

“The NRL Integrity Unit is aware of the post,”

So this grub can kick a player on the floor and use a racial slur and i bet he gets away with both.

anything is possible. they let Naden off with barely a slap on the wrist after testing positive to illegal drugs on the day he played in a GF

In other words, the NRL insanity unit is trying to find out what happened and whether the public are ok with it or not and then determine based on that.
Of course the NSWRL will lean on their arbiter of public opinion to determine what the integrity unit will decide... but they'll need to wait until Buzz sobers up and throws some words together for the back page... or maybe he'll just phone it in and throw a poll up on a website

anything is possible. they let Naden off with barely a slap on the wrist after testing positive to illegal drugs on the day he played in a GF

Great team, but the group is made up of so many grubs its not funny. The May brothers, Naden when he was there, this crap with Luai, Critchon and the drama he caused with Canberra, Cleary and others publicly backing the May brothers, especially Tyrone. They are just so unlikable and obviously not great people. Even their trainers arent exempt.

It was the N word, and no, he shouldn't be using it.

As much as I dislike Luai (and let's be honest, he is probably #1 on the NRL's Most Punchable Faces list), it probably depends what the word was. Context is important, plenty of people (myself included) call their mates some pretty unsavoury things as a term of endearment. There's plenty of words which are perfectly acceptable within a friends group which would not be in general public conversation.

Having said that, what's done behind closed doors is different to what's publicly-facing. And these guys out of everyone should know better - with all the media training etc they get, there's pretty much zero excuse for controversial social media posts. So it would appear to be another case of the dickhead being...well, a dickhead.

Arrogant ***** think (know) they are untouchable.

Well there's a way the Cows will be able to relieve salary cap and get rid of a player they don't really want or need.

lol come on. I hate Luai as much as the next guy but let’s be reasonable. Every Samoan I know uses the word colloquially in the same fashion as Americans.

Whether or not that’s okay is beyond my place to comment on but he didn’t racially vilify anyone .

Active Now

• Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • lynx000
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • BruiserMk1
  • bert_lifts
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Alec
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.