NRL Players and family members in hot water

Attachments

• 1621415602187.gif
    1621415602187.gif
    593 KB · Views: 54
I don't think he can sue the NRL.
They implemented the stand down clause for this very reason.

I'm no lawyer though.

I think they'd have had the lawyers sign off on the "no fault stand down policy"

Note: He wasn't found not guilty, they just didn't have enough evidence to have a unanimous jury. I would like to see these type of cases tried by a Judge. Oh well.

I thought JDB was still receiving his full pay... could be wrong.
Yeah I think your right but maybe st George could so the nrl because they have had to pay a player they couldn’t use and who was not convicted of anything,

The policy was tried in court already and ruled the NRL were good to do it, didn't they?

The policy was tried in court already and ruled the NRL were good to do it, didn't they?
Yep, JDB challenged the policy and lost in court.

As far as the whole "not innocent thing" couldn't care less.

In my eyes he's an innocent man who deserves the presumption of innocence. If the crown with all their financial and legal muscle couldn't prove him guilty beyond reasonable doubt, he's innocent to me.

Yeah, let him play, and let them sledge.

Yeah I think your right but maybe st George could so the nrl because they have had to pay a player they couldn’t use and who was not convicted of anything,
Probably not a good practice to be doing that considering the money comes from the NRL in the first place

Probably not a good practice to be doing that considering the money comes from the NRL in the first place
Not all the money comes from the nrl but I get your point.
The other thing is they have had a quality player who they couldn’t use taking up a spot in their roster. They should have been allowed to sign an extra player while he was unavailable.
Anyway I would say he will be back sooner rather than later.

I would be interested to see JDB try to sue the NRL. I would be interested to see how it pans out.

No surprise that they won’t go ahead with another trial and are dropping the charges. It became clear each time they didn’t have enough to get a conviction.

The issue is earning potential in a limited window of opportunity.
Its murky water, because of the NRL no fault policy, but there is no denying he has been prevented from earning a potentially higher wage by not allowing him to play in his prime years.

Take for example, if this was Benji Marshall in his position, the punishment/outcome is far less damaging to a player in his mid 30's, at the end of his career, than it is to a player in their prime earning years where they could be looking at potential origin and Australian rep positions.

The entire protocol needs to be reviewed.

I would be interested to see JDB try to sue the NRL. I would be interested to see how it pans out.

No surprise that they won’t go ahead with another trial and are dropping the charges. It became clear each time they didn’t have enough to get a conviction.
I'd be interested too. Would be great to see him lose the same case two times in a row.

The issue is earning potential in a limited window of opportunity.
Its murky water, because of the NRL no fault policy, but there is no denying he has been prevented from earning a potentially higher wage by not allowing him to play in his prime years.

Take for example, if this was Benji Marshall in his position, the punishment/outcome is far less damaging to a player in his mid 30's, at the end of his career, than it is to a player in their prime earning years where they could be looking at potential origin and Australian rep positions.

The entire protocol needs to be reviewed.

his problem will be that while stood down he signed a new contract with the Dragons worth more than the one he was on when he was initially stood down.

the NRL isn't the only organization that stands people down while they face serious criminal charges.

his problem will be that while stood down he signed a new contract with the Dragons worth more than the one he was on when he was stood down.

the NRL isn't the only organization that stands people down while they face serious criminal charges.
yep for sure.
It doesn't change the fact that his prime years have been impacted by this court case.
Theoretically he could have increased his value by more than what he resigned with the dragons for if he had the chance to play and prove he was worth more.

My point though is the stand down policy is not consistent, like everything else in the NRL.
See my Benji Marshall analogy as reference.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.