CROSS FORUM NRL Round 11 Discussion

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Oh yeah, I get that part, but what if Dearden drops the ball over the line due to high contact and they give a penalty try? Then he wouldn't be binned as a penalty try was given?
Nah foul play in the act of scoring is different to a professional foul... in that instance it would be the same as what happened. With a possible 8 point try as the foul play caused the try to not be scored.

It's why these 'shoulder charges' from fullbacks covering the tryline is contentious. They're more bumps than shoulder chargers, but you'd be filthy to concede an 8 point try when your fullback has saved a try with a bump.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Good win for the Cows in the end. They needed it.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
They've somehow managed to pit teams of equal skill level against each other so far, it has been an entertaining weekend of footy.
The only exception is manlys skill being supplemented by the ref

I was coming on here to say just how coincidental it was that all the games have been super close, and often with multiple lead changes throughout the games. I would love to see the stats on penalties and 6-agains as which ones were awarded to the team behind on the scoreboard, as Hashtag Game Management looks pretty fucking rife this weekend.

Of course the Panthers and Storm will be blowouts because they are darlings and need to win big For The Fans.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This is epic.

441450258_831919798973181_4132884603625084382_n.jpg

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I was coming on here to say just how coincidental it was that all the games have been super close, and often with multiple lead changes throughout the games. I would love to see the stats on penalties and 6-agains as which ones were awarded to the team behind on the scoreboard, as Hashtag Game Management looks pretty fucking rife this weekend.

Of course the Panthers and Storm will be blowouts because they are darlings and need to win big For The Fans.
I reckon thr storm get dusted tomorrow.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The sliding doors moment came when Teaupa put that kick through with nobody chasing and the South Sydney defence failed to lock up the football. Fast forward a few moments later and the Cowboys were able to muscle Latrell into the in-goal and cover the offload. They should have wrapped the game up much sooner but they're clearly low on confidence.

South Sydney are a very frustrating side. Dying moments of the game with time ticking away they're wasting time and cost themselves an opportunity to manufacture some good ball. Key players didn't want the football with the game on the line and their enforcers were incredibly stupid. It just seems like they can't get through a single set without some form of lapse whether it be in attack or defence - the Keppie fore-arm to the back of McIntyre being a good example.

At the half-way point, it appears like it's Cronulla's year. The emergence of Hazelton and Iro has helped ironed out some of the kinks and they've had a pretty fortunate run of injuries in a year where everyone is struggling. With a fairly light Origin schedule coming up, they should be one of the front-runners for the Top 4 - that is, unless it goes pear shape for them.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Looking forward to the Dolphins game today... why you may wonder..... simply so I can hear the commentary team and media people, and Facebook high IQ commentators, go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about redcliffe playing an away game out of suncorp like they do about the broncos. Of course they will bcos they aren't just hating on the broncos. I'm sure they just don't realise sydney teams play 90% of their games within 30 mins and Townsville isn't a "local" game for us aswell

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Looking forward to the Dolphins game today... why you may wonder..... simply so I can hear the commentary team and media people, and Facebook high IQ commentators, go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about redcliffe playing an away game out of suncorp like they do about the broncos. Of course they will bcos they aren't just hating on the broncos. I'm sure they just don't realise sydney teams play 90% of their games within 30 mins and Townsville isn't a "local" game for us aswell
Interesting that all the home teams are those that generally draw low home ground crowds... almost like they request to be the home team at magic round so they can get compensation from NRL... but that would be too obvious for journos to point out, unless they had an agenda... conduit to the people and all that.

The anomalies this year are souths and warriors giving up home games... maybe raiders as well, they seem to get decent crowds (haven't checked though), but maybe they wanted cash because they're sharing with a broncos game vs Sat and Sunday teams sharing between 3 'home' teams

Warriors is the biggest one to me... why would they schedule this as a home game for warriors... they should be getting as many games in NZ as possible after the covid years... unless warriors are getting really good compensation.

Away teams this year
- Dogs (surprised they weren't looking for a handout to be honest)
- Broncos (obvious reasons... our compensation from the NRL would be the highest out of all teams to get DD to give up a home game to the highest season ticket members across the comp)
- Knights (would never want to give up a home game... their fans are dedicated and basically sell out each game)
- Rorters (probably Uncle Nick influenced and they were one of the higher drawing Sydney crowds last year in their new stadium)
- Cows (they travel enough that they wouldn't want to lose a home game... also sell out pretty much every home game)
- Panthers (they sell out every home game... next few years with their ground being rebuilt they'll likely be the home team)
- Dolphins (same sort of reasons as broncos... I think their season tickets are quite high, although their crowds have been poor this year... likely becomes very complicated selling their Suncorp season memberships, because fans will think magic round is included, but it can't be because of people wanting to buy the 3-day passes.. funny how Sydney morons ignore this all the time though)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Joey Johns on the footy show to talk about the Knights or Nathan Cleary. Just boggles the mind that he’s got a job in the media

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Don't know what Des is looking at. The ball comes away from his hand. As for his other comment, I think he meant 2-on-1 strip which still would be legal in that situation.

What I would like to know is why the Knights didn't receive a penalty for a double movement? Kelly is tackled short and promotes the ball.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Strop
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • kat00
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.