CROSS FORUM NRL Round 24 Discussion

The game has a natural rhythm to it with the original rules. The interpretations have altered the way league is played. All for TV.
Valandys is currently fucking it up IMO.
Financially the game is doing OK and that's what matters.
He’s a good administrator for the NRL imo in many respects but his tinkering with the game itself has led us to where we are.. He clearly just likes to see the points rack up
IMG 0846

Must say I’ve actually enjoyed the way most of this weekend’s games have been officiated.. referees putting accidental stuff on report or playing on rather than firing everything into the sin bin

It`s not the onfield referee that usually makes the sin bin call .
That`s a bunker job . Look at it 3-4 times in slow mo then tip the on field ref what he should say .

Plenty of crackdowns the last couple of weeks. Normally I'd be okay with genuine foul play being pinged, but my cynicism has me thinking that this is just to prepare for the finals. So the darling teams will get all the favourable calls and the others will get penalised and 6-again'd out of matches with the refs saying "you were warned that we were being more strict".

And yet the two blights of the darling teams, namely playing the ball beside the ruck to take markers out, and the defensive line leaving early, are still rife.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Griffo
  • Dexter
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.