NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 5 Discussion

Of course, Wayne buying a prop for a higher salary has nothing to do with the way the cap and the game has gone in general has it 🙄. Pretty much every big player they tried to sign stayed at their clubs for more money than the Phins offered.

Its not the 1990's anymore, players dont stay at clubs for massive unders anymore to play under a succesful coach. If they did this Penrith side wouldnt have been broken up like it has.

It’s almost like the man can get more out of players than the coaches who follow him

Or his recommendations to the club he is leaving are just straight up not in the best interest of the club.

Did any of these coaches go on to have success at all? I am struggling to think of even one. He recommended them all, I got no doubt. What an eye for talent.

I said nobody wants to go there, it's true. How many big names knocked him back?

He's managed to get players that other clubs simply couldn't afford to keep, this is not a breaking news moment.

The fact Wayne would spend that much on a prop, it's not the Wayne we all once knew.
Well to be fair you never said anything about the players being affordable. You said they were players nobody wanted which is complete shite...

Seems like your learning what the salary cap is and how it works. Good job!

Or his recommendations to the club he is leaving are just straight up not in the best interest of the club.

Did any of these coaches go on to have success at all? I am struggling to think of even one. He recommended them all, I got no doubt. What an eye for talent.
That’s not his job… he coaches the football team, doesn’t lay a foundation for the **** that takes over from him.

How many jobs have you been shitcanned from are still following your guidance?

That’s not his job… he coaches the football team, doesn’t lay a foundation for the **** that takes over from him.

He told souffs to re-sign Reynolds and they didn’t..: how’s that turned out for them?

Says a bit about him as an individual, I would suggest.

Its pointless trying to debate it with him. He's like a bitter ex boyfriend who cant accept he got dumped.

Well to be fair you never said anything about the players being affordable. You said they were players nobody wanted which is complete shite...

Seems like your learning what the salary cap is and how it works. Good job!

Yeah look, I can see your reading skills are letting you down here.

What I said is nobody wants to go to that club, "nobody wants to go there". That's exactly what I said.

You can come at me like a sarcastic smart arse, try interpret what I say before you do though.

Yeah look, I can see your reading skills are letting you down here.

What I said is nobody wants to go to that club, "nobody wants to go there". That's exactly what I said.

You can come at me like a sarcastic smart arse, try interpret what I say before you do though.
Sorry i stand corrected. Nobody wants to go there... unless they are paid enough. Seems like your learning what the salary cap is and how it works.. good job.

Says a bit about him as an individual, I would suggest.

Thats a shit a take as i think i have ever seen. Like any person, he's done some things that arent the best, but players dont go above and beyond for the bloke if he is a shitcunt. When some of these blokes have hit real lows in their life away from football ( Shane Webcke for example ) have a look what Waynes done for them. A lot of his best work with players is done away from football.

I distinctly remember WB recommending that we sign seibold to a 5 year contract at his expense… his eye for talent was red hot there

Sorry i stand corrected. Nobody wants to go there... unless they are paid enough. Seems like your learning what the salary cap is and how it works.. good job.

Is it really good business paying players a premium because they wouldn't go there otherwise?

That's basically my entire point. They aren't going there because of Wayne.

Glad you got there though, full credit to you for that.

Congrats.
Real reason is he’s still coaching a team in round 5 of the 2024 nrl season and one poster thinks he’s doing well having a team of plodders at the top of the table after that round and another disagreeing with that opinion in an open forum

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Horseheadsup
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncoscope
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • kman
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.