NOT CROSS FORUM NRL Round 5 Discussion

Cranky Wayne turned up to the presser tonight.
Surprised he wasn't trying to deflect and put pressure on broncos... maybe that will come later in the week.

Will be interesting to see what narrative Sydney come up with where Kevvie loses in the pre-match pressers all week.

We’lll do a number on them next week, just like we did to the cowboys when they were meant to be world beaters

Fucking hate NSWRL media... somehow in a post game review show they're talking about the broncos salary cap

How fucking shit was the night of footy if they've run out of shit to talk about from the game and just go to "broncos generates clicks"

dolphins aren’t good….

But WB is doing more with them than anyone else could

I disagree, they've struggled to recruit anyone at all.

Had to prey on other team's salary cap constraints to get a player or two, nobody actually wants to go there.

Wayne has no pull anymore, that's a problem.

Had to prey on other team's salary cap constraints to get a player or two, nobody actually wants to go there.

Well. I guess If you were to say to me would you prefer fletcher baker or Tom flegler I would prefer flegler.. to say nobody wants those players is a lie..

They’re a team of plodders and are on top of the table… give this team to anyone else and theyre no where

Well. I guess If you were to say to me would you prefer fletcher baker or Tom flegler I would prefer flegler.. to say nobody wants those players is a lie..

Compare the salaries.

One has barely solidified himself in the NRL, the other is a QLD rep player. We simply couldn't afford to keep him, I doubt he signed for a pie and a coke, which is absolutely my point.

They’re a team of plodders and are on top of the table… give this team to anyone else and theyre no where

Where have you got the Titans, Dragons and Wests ending up?

I got the Tigers scrapping for 8th place, the other 2 would struggle to beat an egg. Oh, throw a bye in there as well.

Where have you got the Titans, Dragons and Wests ending up?

I got the Tigers scrapping for 8th place, the other 2 would struggle to beat an egg. Oh, throw a bye in there as well.
I started my post saying the dolphins aren’t good..,

And then you said you disagree…

Mixed messages coming out of you mate

He's an anti Wayne disciple. Wont give the bloke any credit even though he's done a pretty good job with a team who had very little time in their first year to recruit well. In all reality, if they got given a better lead in to their NRL debut year, the squad they have now should have been more like what they started with.

Compare the salaries.

One has barely solidified himself in the NRL, the other is a QLD rep player. We simply couldn't afford to keep him, I doubt he signed for a pie and a coke, which is absolutely my point.
Yeah If you compare the salaries but you said they weren't wanted. Fleg and herbie were definitely wanted, just not viable for our salary cap position. Doesn't make them any less of a buy from the dolphins, that's exactly how the salary cap works.

He's an anti Wayne disciple. Wont give the bloke any credit even though he's done a pretty good job with a team who had very little time in their first year to recruit well. In all reality, if they got given a better lead in to their NRL debut year, the squad they have now should have been more like what they started with.
We went from being a 15/9 team to a 3/17 team in 24 months after WB left and people want to say he can’t coach, it is fucking hilarious.

Dolphins aren’t a good team though. They’ll likely miss finals but they’re going well enough at the minute. I expect we’ll run up a score on them despite being depleted

We went from being a 15/9 team to a 3/17 team in 24 months after WB left and people want to say he can’t coach, it is fucking hilarious.

Dolphins aren’t a good team though. They’ll likely miss finals but they’re going well enough at the minute. I expect we’ll run up a score on them despite being depleted

They actually have a pretty good spine tbh. Kodi and Katoa are a really good halves pairing, Hammer is a quality fullback and Marshall King has become one of the better 9's in the comp. Actually, you look at their backline and its pretty good if they are all fit. Its their pack i think they are weakest in now, especially with Gilbert out. They are starting to show their age. The also simply dont have the depth to handle losing 2 or 3 key players.

Almost every coach that has taken over after Wayne has failed spectacularly.

JD is the only one who was able to get some sort of success out of his team, probably because Souths put something in place that meant Wayne couldn't poach their talent.

I didn't say he can't coach, that would be ridiculous at this point. He doesn't have the pull he once did though, look at their team ffs.

Yeah If you compare the salaries but you said they weren't wanted. Fleg and herbie were definitely wanted, just not viable for our salary cap position. Doesn't make them any less of a buy from the dolphins, that's exactly how the salary cap works.

I said nobody wants to go there, it's true. How many big names knocked him back?

He's managed to get players that other clubs simply couldn't afford to keep, this is not a breaking news moment.

The fact Wayne would spend that much on a prop, it's not the Wayne we all once knew.

Almost every coach that has taken over after Wayne has failed spectacularly.

JD is the only one who was able to get some sort of success out of his team, probably because Souths put something in place that meant Wayne couldn't poach their talent.

I didn't say he can't coach, that would be ridiculous at this point. He doesn't have the pull he once did though, look at their team ffs.
It’s almost like the man can get more out of players than the coaches who follow him

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.