CROSS FORUM NRL Round 5 Discussion

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If anyone follows the ESL, who do you think would win - London Broncos or Gold Coast Titans?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If anyone follows the ESL, who do you think would win - London Broncos or Gold Coast Titans?
Titans. A RL team in London isnt going to work. Kind of similar in a lot of ways to trying to have a succesful team on the Gold Coast.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Is it really good business paying players a premium because they wouldn't go there otherwise?

That's basically my entire point. They aren't going there because of Wayne.

Glad you got there though, full credit to you for that.
You inject 12.6mil into any player market and your going to instantly inflate the value of any and all players off contract... it doesn't mean your paying overs for players.. obviously the market has changed, which has affected the value of the players. I can post you an economics guide for dummies if you would like a better explanation of supply and demand.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
You inject 12.6mil into any player market and your going to instantly inflate the value of any and all players off contract... it doesn't mean your paying overs for players.. obviously the market has changed, which has affected the value of the players. I can post you an economics guide for dummies if you would like a better explanation of supply and demand.

I like how you make it personal, it's pretty cool.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Keep the personal stuff out of it.
giggle GIF

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Anybody else see the latrell elbow? Pretty sure cobbo got binned for fending a bloke on the chest and it slipped up to his chin. Latrell deliberately elbows a bloke in the head with a swinging arm and stays on the field.. the nrl need to address the protected species. They are bad for the game.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Anybody else see the latrell elbow? Pretty sure cobbo got binned for fending a bloke on the chest and it slipped up to his chin. Latrell deliberately elbows a bloke in the head with a swinging arm and stays on the field.. the nrl need to address the protected species. They are bad for the game.
He nearly beheaded Ford when Ford scored the try too. Just a total psycho on the field. Untouchable off it.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Time to quickly turn this off before the panel blows their collective loads about a team that's played only plodders and a bye.

What I enjoy is when a guy backs up a break and scores .
Does nothing to create the try themselves . Just back up and receive the pass . Then the commentators will start on about what a great player they are .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Compare the salaries.

One has barely solidified himself in the NRL, the other is a QLD rep player. We simply couldn't afford to keep him, I doubt he signed for a pie and a coke, which is absolutely my point.

Not just Qld rep player .
Now an Australian rep player . I heard that in the commentary last night . So he is in the top tier of perceived value for salary .

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
What I enjoy is when a guy backs up a break and scores .
Does nothing to create the try themselves . Just back up and receive the pass . Then the commentators will start on about what a great player they are .
Yeah, Shaun Johnson yesterday

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Latrell copping a Grade 2 charge for the incident on SJ and facing 3 weeks (3rd offence)... somehow it doesn't look like he's copped a charge for upending Tohu.

I have no idea how you don't get a charge for hand between the legs of Tohu and then flipping him vertical... or are they just not charging him because he had the smarts to hang onto Tohu and not drop him on his head??

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
The Panthers missed the kicking game of Cleary big time and we witnessed something not seen with Penrith for quite a few seasons. 50/50 calls actually went the way of their opposition for a change.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.