NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM reporting that Benji Marshall is set to become the highest paid player in the ESL after Hull FC tabled an offer for a 1 year deal worth £400,000 ($722,000AUD).

CM reporting that Benji Marshall is set to become the highest paid player in the ESL after Hull FC tabled an offer for a 1 year deal worth £400,000 ($722,000AUD).
Jesus Christ he’d me mad not to take that. Would be one of his highest earning years you’d think.

Gutted we didnt go for Burton.

He was outstanding last year in the 20's Origin.

No positives to be found here, Paix injured and once behind pretty hard to get anything going without your seven and captain. Too many mistakes and simple execution errors.

Burton for the Blues was outstanding, what footwork just couldn't get a hold on him at all. His jinking runs were just unreal. Penrith have a good kid there. He's a big number 6 but I loved how he moved and kicked.

Roosters' hooker Verrill right option at the right time, that kick through and he defended well.

Suaili released from the Rabbits to the Roosters who also pay a transfer fee. But yeah, NRL salary cap team will say nothing to see here, move along. Deadset, the salary cap is totally pointless when this club just takes whoever they want when they want.

Suaili released from the Rabbits to the Roosters who also pay a transfer fee. But yeah, NRL salary cap team will say nothing to see here, move along. Deadset, the salary cap is totally pointless when this club just takes whoever they want when they want.
They’re also after Piakura.

I wonder if teddy is available then...

He can't play NRL so wouldn't be on their cap.

He can't play NRL so wouldn't be on their cap.
How does a transfer fee come into play with club spending?

I recall years ago that any attempt to pay for Inglis' legal fees would've been counted under the cap?

Last edited:
How does a transfer fee come into play with club spending?

I recall years ago that any attempt to pay for Inglis' legal fees would've been counted under the cap?

I think if it was an NRL player then it would count, but Souths have released him and the Roosters I assume aren't going to put them in their 30- if he was on a development deal which I assume you would be it would have to count then.

Are there any U/17s on NRL level money? In the few cases like Ponga, my understanding is that he was on around $20K with the promise that once he turned 18 and was eligible he would earn $300K. Unless a similar arrangement has been set up with Suaalii I believe he'd have to come under the cap as one of their highest paid players.

I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Last edited:
I think if it was an NRL player then it would count, but Souths have released him and the Roosters I assume aren't going to put them in their 30- if he was on a development deal which I assume you would be it would have to count then.
So provided you arent registering them in your top 30, transfer fees dont apply?

Sweet. Get the cheque book out lads and starting buying every promising 16 and 17yo.

there are also reports that the NRL will change the rules around age limits so he can play for the Rorters next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.