-OFFICIAL- NRL Season Recommencing

State of Origin Rep
Broncos have to shred about 4 million from their payroll to get through this, staff have been identified as essential and or non-essential and non essential has taken leave or stood down. Pay cuts too across the staff are taking effect.

Lot of very worried football staff out there, I spoke to plenty of guys yesterday that are saying they are a chance to not go back.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Broncos have to shred about 4 million from their payroll to get through this, staff have been identified as essential and or non-essential and non essential has taken leave or stood down. Pay cuts too across the staff are taking effect.

Lot of very worried football staff out there, I spoke to plenty of guys yesterday that are saying they are a chance to not go back.
Too many old boys and mates of mates on club payrolls. This is a good thing.

NRL is a joke of a business, really. They all think they are this powerhouse of a competition and spend accordingly, when they are as bad as most people these days, living off credit and spending more than they can afford.

State of Origin Rep
Too many old boys and mates of mates on club payrolls. This is a good thing.

NRL is a joke of a business, really. They all think they are this powerhouse of a competition and spend accordingly, when they are as bad as most people these days, living off credit and spending more than they can afford.
It's out of control in 32 years the Broncos have gone from two full time staff to over 100. I understand that things have improved and certainly don't expect to still have two staff but that increase seems unreal.

The cost is phenomenal and the fact you're able to sit down in a day and list them as non essential means do you need them really?

I read today that Germany still has their football season going. Their mortality rate is by far the best in Europe, handling the issue better then every other country in europe it seems. Yet their football season keeps going and their schools were still open until last week...

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation
I have a dream....that when we start back up again the broncos will be king, they will extend an olive branch to the nsw based clubs to join their elite competition on the broncos rules. brisbane Grand finals, Qld only commentary (we can swap fatty for Ennis tho), Qld based judiciary, Mander boss of the refs....😎

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
I have a dream....that when we start back up again the broncos will be king, they will extend an olive branch to the nsw based clubs to join their elite competition on the broncos rules. brisbane Grand finals, Qld only commentary (we can swap fatty for Ennis tho), Qld based judiciary, Mander boss of the refs....😎
I dunno if strictly Qld only commentating is a good thing, I can't stand Slater, JT or even Lockyer. On the otherhand Sterlo is a must.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I would keep Fatty over Ennis.

Fatty can dribble on about shit but there are moments where he can actually come up with some gold. He was a student of the game, he knows his shit and can read a game quite well. Problem is there is too much of a focus on comedy and he gets caught into the trap of talking shit that has little to do with the game.

I would still take him over Ennis, though. I hate the way Ennis tries to generate excitement. It sounds so fake.

Alec

International Rep
If I were to keep one QLDer as a commentator, it would be Fatty, lol. All the other ones are about as interesting as watching grass grow.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Fatty is the OG, fam!

You need that balance on the commentary team. I love how he just doesn't care what he says, or who he offends/makes fun of. He's not there for some deep, insightful analysis, though like SF said, he actually really knows his stuff when he takes it seriously.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
One thing that's giving me the shits is hearing high profile players talk about how hard these pay cuts are going to be.

Are you kidding me? What the **** have they been doing with their money that they can't make it through this comfortably?

I can understand with the players on base contracts how hard it it's going to be, but even with players earning around $200-$300k a year. What the **** have they been doing with their money? Even with a family, they should have quite a lot of savings to fall back on.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
One thing that's giving me the shits is hearing high profile players talk about how hard these pay cuts are going to be.

Are you kidding me? What the **** have they been doing with their money that they can't make it through this comfortably?

I can understand with the players on base contracts how hard it it's going to be, but even with players earning around $200-$300k a year. What the **** have they been doing with their money? Even with a family, they should have quite a lot of savings to fall back on.
It's because most of these players realize that they won't be on this sort of income forever and a lot of them invest in property, shares or own an outside business to ensure their future. They are used to a certain lifestyle and any sort of pay cut could mean that they are unable to meet their commitments. It's like most people, you don't leave money in a saving account gaining a limited interest rate when you can make your money work for you in a much more profitable way. Hopefully some of these guys tucked some loot somewhere in case of a rainy day because it's fucking pouring atm.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
Plus most people have a tendency to live to that pay rate. Seen plenty of people on higher duties get caught out when they come back down several pay grades

FGfrom50

NYC Player

Paying off a $1.4 million dollar house could probably be regarded as an acceptable use of that kind of money. If you suddenly take a massive cut, no matter how responsible you've been with your cash, you can end up in trouble. People plan their finances around their expected income. Bigger numbers can possibly give you more options if you end up in trouble, but doesn't stop it from happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momentumvapeconz

Members online

Twitter