NRL Season Recommencing

One thing that's giving me the shits is hearing high profile players talk about how hard these pay cuts are going to be.

Are you kidding me? What the **** have they been doing with their money that they can't make it through this comfortably?

I can understand with the players on base contracts how hard it it's going to be, but even with players earning around $200-$300k a year. What the **** have they been doing with their money? Even with a family, they should have quite a lot of savings to fall back on.

One thing that's giving me the shits is hearing high profile players talk about how hard these pay cuts are going to be.

Are you kidding me? What the **** have they been doing with their money that they can't make it through this comfortably?

I can understand with the players on base contracts how hard it it's going to be, but even with players earning around $200-$300k a year. What the **** have they been doing with their money? Even with a family, they should have quite a lot of savings to fall back on.
It's because most of these players realize that they won't be on this sort of income forever and a lot of them invest in property, shares or own an outside business to ensure their future. They are used to a certain lifestyle and any sort of pay cut could mean that they are unable to meet their commitments. It's like most people, you don't leave money in a saving account gaining a limited interest rate when you can make your money work for you in a much more profitable way. Hopefully some of these guys tucked some loot somewhere in case of a rainy day because it's fucking pouring atm.

Plus most people have a tendency to live to that pay rate. Seen plenty of people on higher duties get caught out when they come back down several pay grades

Paying off a $1.4 million dollar house could probably be regarded as an acceptable use of that kind of money. If you suddenly take a massive cut, no matter how responsible you've been with your cash, you can end up in trouble. People plan their finances around their expected income. Bigger numbers can possibly give you more options if you end up in trouble, but doesn't stop it from happening.

Plus most people have a tendency to live to that pay rate. Seen plenty of people on higher duties get caught out when they come back down several pay grades

Yeah and it’s worse if they lose their job completely.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Has it been mentioned if the start of this season will be wiped? Would be fucking typical.

Well yeah, the Roosters are 0-2 and Rabbits 1-1, it will be wiped, that is unacceptable.

don't forget we are 2-0 ... they can't allow that to stand

Last edited:
In a bit of good news for a change, it appears that Australia is doing really well in terms of dragging down total new infections per day, which has been on a steady decline for the past week:

If this trend holds into early/mid May, I think we will see the NRL pushing for the competition to resume by June 1st with no audiences at the grounds and will remain that way for the rest of the season. State of Origin 2020 will go on to rate its ass off as the hype + boredom of the whole country boils over

😉 Three days later and the trend is holding. We'll be back on the grass by June.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's not the craziest idea being touted, nobody knows how to handle the situation and all avenues have to be explored. This would be an absolute last resort and the NRL will do everything in it's power to marry the season up with the first two rounds.

It's not the craziest idea being touted, nobody knows how to handle the situation and all avenues have to be explored. This would be an absolute last resort and the NRL will do everything in it's power to marry the season up with the first two rounds.
Where does this leave suspensions during these two rounds?

Where does this leave suspensions during these two rounds?

They would still have to be valid.

All the records for those games will count, it would just be kept seperate from this proposed season. So any suspensions would carry over, just like they would for any other season.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.