-OFFICIAL- NRL Season Recommencing

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
notice how both of their proposals give Sydney teams a massive advantage by allowing them to stay home with their families...

The QLD teams are reportedly pushing for a proposal that allows them to stay at home as well which would be the 2 conference comp ... but according to the SMH, the 2 conference set up would still see the games played in NSW ... so what is the fucking point of splitting the comp into 2 conferences if all games are played in NSW anyway.

bias and incompetence are the NRL's watch words
Not to mention NSW is currently the hottest part of the country for Coronavirus.

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
Yeah let’s play games in the corona hot zone, mint idea! Not to mention the thought of taking points back to zero, injures happened, suspensions happened and player points were recorded but yeah let’s ignore the team points it’s not half obvious why they would try and push that forward...

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
V’landys has already said very clearly that the points will not be stripped, that it isn’t even an option, so why are people still acting like it is a possibility?

Reactions: LGH

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
i'm tipping he is full of shit ... the following days articles are usually on the cmail website by this time of night and there is nothing resembling Badels claim ...

the only thing close is an article from Crawley saying that there is an increasing likelihood that the Sydney teams, Raiders and Knights won't be forced into isolation and can stay at home with their families while the outer Sydney teams would be forced to relocate to Sydney for at least two weeks after which it is HOPED that they can return home and travel by charter flights on game day.

the implication in this article is that not only for the first two weeks will the Sydney teams get a massive advantage by being able to stay at home, but they'll also get a major advantage by not having to play outside of Sydney for the whole season ...

Allo

NRL Captain
Everyone play each other once, have a top 6 where 1&2 go straight through to prelims, 3v6, 4v5. Gives you a 4 month season. Depending on when they start round 3, say it is first weekend of June, this format ends regular rounds on the last weekend of August

Finals for another 3 weeks

post season of origins and pac tests etc that can start a week or so after the final. Extend as far as you need into October

gives everyone a normal finish time to the year and a regular start next season. Plenty of time to sort out contracts and shit too with a full off-season

Obviously less games but at what point do you sacrifice the integrity of the competition for the dollar? 15 games of uninterrupted competition games is better than the 25 with 6-8 weeks hampered by origin. Everyone plays each other once, home or away is the only advantage anyone gains, not some teams playing the shit teams twice and some playing the good teams twice instead

Cool so they used my idea*. I’ll take my consultancy cheque now thanks Peter

*I’m aware it was very basic, straightforward and would’ve been thought of already but I’m claiming it so there

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Why wouldn’t you play it in Qld or any state other than NSW? Go to WA even or wherever they have like 10 cases. Why would you put it in Sydney and make other teams fly into there when we mentioned above, they have by far the highest number of people with it anywhere in Australia?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Why wouldn’t you play it in Qld or any state other than NSW? Go to WA even or wherever they have like 10 cases. Why would you put it in Sydney and make other teams fly into there when we mentioned above, they have by far the highest number of people with it anywhere in Australia?
Play the whole fucking comp in New Zealand, just ask their PM real nice.

The Strapper

QCup Player
Cool so they used my idea*. I’ll take my consultancy cheque now thanks Peter

*I’m aware it was very basic, straightforward and would’ve been thought of already but I’m claiming it so there
Not bad but your cheque will have to be discounted as I think there will still be a top 8 and origin will be played ‘in season ‘.
Don’t know about any tests against pacific nations either.

Allo

NRL Captain
Not bad but your cheque will have to be discounted as I think there will still be a top 8 and origin will be played ‘in season ‘.
Don’t know about any tests against pacific nations either.
guess I’ll cop the pay cut like the rest of them then

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Infrastructure is my guess. As shitty as I think it is for 13 teams to get to live at home and train in their usual facilities, and the Sydney teams to get to play at their home stadiums, it's probably the most practical solution. The NRL need to find enough fields to host 8 matches a week plus training fields and gyms and physio and whatever else for 16 teams. After one magic weekend the surface at Suncorp is pretty poor, imagine 16 teams all playing at Kougari or out in Calliope or wherever, it would get ugly. Plus they need to have the setup for broadcasting.

If we had 12 months to prepare then it might be a different story, but to get football back asap I think basing it in Sydney is probably the only feasible option.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
They will back down, they will realize they need the NRL a tonne more than the NRL needs them
problem is i doubt they do...

at the very least the NRL need them to put in a good offer for the rights to ensure the other free to air networks come to the party

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momentumvapeconz

Members online

No members online now.

Twitter