NRL Season Recommencing

SCRAPPING POINTS BACK ON THE TABLE

Innovations committee leader Wayne Pearce briefly floated the idea this week of scrapping all competition points earned in the first two rounds.

It was met with widespread condemnation, and Pearce subsequently said the idea had been scrapped.

But the Sydney Morning Herald reports the discussion is still being had behind closed doors.

If the competition does split into two conferences, which is still an option on the table, then club bosses are reportedly still keen to explore the idea of changing the points earned in the first two games.

“We need to have a grown-up conversation about it,” one club boss told the Herald.

“How is it fair for a team to keep points for beating a team they may not play against in their own zone or conference?

“I understand the teams who have won games and want to keep their points. But if the whole competition structure has changed, you must at least have a conversation about what was the relevance of the first two games.”

Quotes obviously from the “club boss” of one of the teams that are 0-2.
Tell Nick to **** off.

Freddy also weighed in.

😅 b4l may have been onto something.

There you have it, Nick has spoken. I have never wanted to be wrong about something so much. Not only because the Broncos will lose points that they fairly earned but if this does happen it may be the last straw for me with the NRL.

Unsure of the article, it was in the CM yesterday but Politis is quoted as saying "...the integrity of the game is at stake here. The points need to be wiped" Or something similar. Fucking lost it haha. Go sit back under your sombrero ya silly old fart.

“How is it fair for a team to keep points for beating a team they may not play against in their own zone or conference?"

And how is it fair to have points taken away from a team that legitimately won their games?

“I understand the teams who have won games and want to keep their points. But if the whole competition structure has changed, you must at least have a conversation about what was the relevance of the first two games.”

If they have no relevance to the competition points, they have no relevance to suspensions (or injuries for that matter, but they can't undo that!)

All the teams who currently have competition points should declare they will halve their total so long as, moving forward, wins are worth 1 point and draws 0.5 points.

See how many idiot club bosses they can fool.

EDIT: on a serious note though, luckily more teams stand to ‘lose’ if points are stripped, so surely sanity will prevail and if not, majority decision, so this whole idea will be laughed off for the stupidity that it is.

Last edited:
so the more the gets revealed, the more it sounds like the NRL have handled the scheduled resumption the same way they handle everything else ... and that is POORLY

so we've already heard the NRL didn't consult their broadcasters (Fox and Nine) about their resumption plans.

in addition it is being reported that the NRL didn't consult either the NSW health minister or Deputy Medical Officer about resuming their competition

and on the continuous call team today (4BC), they said that 6 of the 8 people on the NRL's own committee, Project Apollo, didn't even know the date that Wayne Pearce was going announce, before the announcement

What. a. shambles........The NRL are either that arrogant or are completely clueless. It's hard to decide on which.
[automerge]1586660937[/automerge]
...and why Sydney?

Doesn't it have the most COVID19 cases.......doesn't it have the coldest weather.......isn't it generally, a cesspool of filth?

Last edited:
What. a. shambles........The NRL are either that arrogant or are completely clueless. It's hard to decide on which.
[automerge]1586660937[/automerge]
...and why Sydney?

Doesn't it have the most COVID19 cases.......doesn't it have the coldest weather.......isn't it generally, a cesspool of filth?

Majority of players live there.

It was the rorters' choice to rest players over the regular season, they shouldn't cry now that they are going to potentially be disadvantaged. No other team does it as regularly as they do.

EDIT: Why do we need to have a conference system? Just play the regular rounds like they were doing before the suspension of the season with tougher quarantine restrictions on players (can only leave your house to train or fly to games, have groceries shipped to you, etc). Have the Warriors move to Brisbane and train out of Clive Berghofer at night to make them happy. There are currently 6000 confirmed cases in Australia, the odds are statistically low that a player will contract it, especially if they are chartering jets and buses and not interacting with the public.

We have to start being realistic here, there have only been 59 death in Aus (according to Google) and our hospitals are currently able to cope with it (happy to be corrected on this point, I've tried to tune out of the media storm). Surely the players aren't at any increased risk playing NRL than they are mingling with the general public.

Last edited:
anyone listening to the continuous call team on 4BC. apparently Mark Levy has just reported that Palachook has just come out and stated that no-one consulted her government about the rugby league resuming and she will not be making an exception to allow it to resume.

so basically, no QLD teams will be permitted out and no non-QLD teams allowed in

anyone listening to the continuous call team on 4BC. apparently Mark Levy has just reported that Palachook has just come out and stated that no-one consulted her government about the rugby league resuming and she will not be making an exception to allow it to resume.

so basically, no QLD teams will be permitted out and no non-QLD teams allowed in

You're allowed an exemption if it's to work. So that's now NSW and QLD poiticians talking shit that doesn't match their own laws.

As it stands, there’s nothing stopping anyone travelling from Qld to NSW. As long as they stay out of the hotspots, they’re all good. Things can change pretty quickly though.

I haven't read the most recent proposal for a new season
As it stands, there’s nothing stopping anyone travelling from Qld to NSW. As long as they stay out of the hotspots, they’re all good. Things can change pretty quickly though.

Point me to that bit of info please, I need to find out if quarantine after the fact is necessary.

I haven't read the most recent proposal for a new season

Point me to that bit of info please, I need to find out if quarantine after the fact is necessary.

What I think you're actually asking here, the answer is no, you still can't go and come back how you currently need to.

If the three Qld teams flew to somewhere other than Sydney airport, played somewhere other than most Sydney grounds (Penrith is not a hotspot), flew home again, they wouldn’t have to quarantine.
Why not make it nice and simple and play their games at somewhere like Tweed Heads?

FoxSports

“I’ve heard a couple of times that we have had no consultation with broadcasters. I can tell you categorically that’s not true,” Greenberg told the Continuous Call Team on Sunday.

“I have met with all three broadcasters in the past two weeks, and that includes Nine, Foxtel and (international rights holder) Sky TV.

“All of them have been in consultation with us the whole way through leading into these Project Apollo meetings and the concept of the structure of the tournament.”

“I was disappointed in some of those comments that came out from Nine last week,” Greenberg said.

“Those discussions I think we should have together behind closed doors.

“The negotiations will get a bit robust and they are already a bit robust.

“What’s clear is every business and every business model is under pressure as we are going through this health crisis.

“Revenue is falling in virtually everyone’s business. Broadcasters and clubs and players and the game are no different.”

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Inknition
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Waynesaurus
  • vertigo
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Yem
  • Old Mate
  • mieko
  • Bronco bob
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.