NRL Season Recommencing

There you have it, Nick has spoken. I have never wanted to be wrong about something so much. Not only because the Broncos will lose points that they fairly earned but if this does happen it may be the last straw for me with the NRL.
FoxSports

At least we have Bellamy to argue for the fairness of the competition

“Nick coming out and saying that, obviously he’s just trying to look after his own club,” he told the Herald Sun .

“At the end of the day, the six clubs that have won their first two games, and obviously there is some clubs that have won one game as well, have fought pretty hard to win those games and I know we did.

“I think (his suggestion) is unfair. You’re going to be upsetting a lot of fans. The determination was our competition was postponed …. we didn’t say that we are ending this competition and starting another one later on, it was we are postponing our season.”

“If it’s decided everyone is going to play each other once in the condensed season it gives us two extra weeks,” Bellamy said.

“Instead of playing 15 games, you’ve only got to play 13 because we want to fit Origin in.

“Obviously we are looking to get back on May 28, but if it gets pushed back another couple of weeks, then you’ve got those two weeks up your sleeve.”

If the three Qld teams flew to somewhere other than Sydney airport, played somewhere other than most Sydney grounds (Penrith is not a hotspot), flew home again, they wouldn’t have to quarantine.
Why not make it nice and simple and play their games at somewhere like Tweed Heads?

the NRL don't like "nice and simple"

the NRL also would much rather give an advantage to the NSW teams ... which they will end up doing by ensuring all games are played in NSW and allowing the NSW teams to remain at home with their families while forcing the non-nsw teams into isolation away from their families in NSW

FoxSports

At least we have Bellamy to argue for the fairness of the competition

“Nick coming out and saying that, obviously he’s just trying to look after his own club,” he told the Herald Sun .

“At the end of the day, the six clubs that have won their first two games, and obviously there is some clubs that have won one game as well, have fought pretty hard to win those games and I know we did.

“I think (his suggestion) is unfair. You’re going to be upsetting a lot of fans. The determination was our competition was postponed …. we didn’t say that we are ending this competition and starting another one later on, it was we are postponing our season.”

“If it’s decided everyone is going to play each other once in the condensed season it gives us two extra weeks,” Bellamy said.

“Instead of playing 15 games, you’ve only got to play 13 because we want to fit Origin in.

“Obviously we are looking to get back on May 28, but if it gets pushed back another couple of weeks, then you’ve got those two weeks up your sleeve.”
The sad thing is we need him. No one could tell me with a straight face that if Melbourne, roosters and souffs all lost both games that they wouldn't re-start the competition points. There is no way it wouldn't happen..

The sad thing is we need him. No one could tell me with a straight face that if Melbourne, roosters and souffs all lost both games that they wouldn't re-start the competition points. There is no way it wouldn't happen..
It's convenient we're in the same position. If the Roosters were 2-0 this entire discussion never happens. Bellamy is spot on, you can't postpone the competition then say the points mean nothing. Conference or not, too bad, points carry over.

It's convenient we're in the same position. If the Roosters were 2-0 this entire discussion never happens. Bellamy is spot on, you can't postpone the competition then say the points mean nothing. Conference or not, too bad, points carry over.

if the Roosters were 2-0 then Politis still would have shot his mouth off ... only he would have said that for the "integrity of the competition" all points earned in the first 2 rounds must be retained by the clubs that worked hard to win them etc

I could accept points resetting if it went to a conference system but if everyone plays each other once they literally have no leg to stand on.

I wish Politis was in charge of our club. I want our CEO saying stuff like that. I want our CEO to come out and say STFU Politis, we earned our 2 wins so go EAD.

Personally I am loving being on the sidelines watching all these self interested ***** scratch and claw at each other. Politis and Bellyache going at it.....lol I mean

ShowyLightheartedEarwig-small.gif

It's like we're back in the war watching Hitler and Stalin wave their dicks at each other

Of course it is incumbent on the QLD clubs to uproot their entire infrastructure and temporarily relocate to NSW, likely at their own cost, into the state that has the highest rates of infection of COVID19 in the country.

That is exactly the sort of backward, self interested conclusion that the NRL would come to, and further evidence of how the competition remains wayyyyy too heavily weighted towards the interests of one specific state and the clubs within, a lot of which were failing financially before this crisis started.

The Titans don't give a shit of course, they're a hop and a skip away from the border and can relocate to just south of the Tweed in a second if they want to, but the two better off QLD clubs that don't have the advantage of being located pretty much on top of a state border like the Broncos (and the Cowboys, Melbourne and the Warriors but who gives a shit) just have to wear the inconvenience on the chin, losing our home ground advantage for a whole season in the process, and find some charitable location within NSW in order to set up shop.

Fuuuuck me. It really does make you wonder how much more of this shit we have to tolerate. I realize it is a largely unprecedented situation, but QLD Rugby League fans have been asked to stomach a lot of indignant hits recently.

Less disruption moving 5 teams to Sydney than 13 to QLD. It makes sense to base all teams in Sydney.

Plus the QLD Government aren't allowing it. Annastacia Palaszczuk has said she will not ease border restrictions to allow for NRL clubs to come into QLD as there is no health advice to say that it's safe for the comp to resume so if teams outside of NSW want to take part, they have to go to NSW. VIC is not an option, neither is NZ, SA, WA, NT.

The only option currently is NSW.

Of course it is incumbent on the QLD clubs to uproot their entire infrastructure and temporarily relocate to NSW, likely at their own cost, into the state that has the highest rates of infection of COVID19 in the country.

That is exactly the sort of backward, self interested conclusion that the NRL would come to, and further evidence of how the competition remains wayyyyy too heavily weighted towards the interests of one specific state and the clubs within, a lot of which were failing financially before this crisis started.

The Titans don't give a shit of course, they're a hop and a skip away from the border and can relocate to just south of the Tweed in a second if they want to, but the two better off QLD clubs that don't have the advantage of being located pretty much on top of a state border like the Broncos (and the Cowboys, Melbourne and the Warriors but who gives a shit) just have to wear the inconvenience on the chin, losing our home ground advantage for a whole season in the process, and find some charitable location within NSW in order to set up shop.

Fuuuuck me. It really does make you wonder how much more of this shit we have to tolerate. I realize it is a largely unprecedented situation, but QLD Rugby League fans have been asked to stomach a lot of indignant hits recently.

The NRL is still weighted heavily towards NSW and probably always will be, in this scenario it isn't the case though. With a majority of the teams in NSW and the fact that our government won't make an exemption for teams to come in what other choice did they have?

Also, yes the Titans are a hop and a skip away from the border but the border is a fucking long way from Sydney, so I'm not sure of the relevance there.

As much as i want the footy back, i dont think this is the right thing to do. Sydney is risky place to be with this Virus.

Nah, he should have actually unloaded on why he doesn't rate his opinion, it is good to be it out there.

Nice, someone with a standing in the game actually judging Slothfield as he deserves!

Meh, I hate Slothfield as much as the next guy but I'm also not interested in an attack dog that is just backing up the comments of a network I have no respect for who is just protecting his next pay cheque.

Active Now

• Bronco bob
  • Spoon
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • ozzball
  • Stix
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • Ondi
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • ettybay
  • Jazza
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.