NRL Season Recommencing

Come on guys, it is Weidler, never believe anything he says.

now confirmed by V'landys in the Courier Mail

“I spoke with Wayne Pearce this morning and we both agreed that it’s not going to come under consideration,” V’landys said.

“The commission has not considered it and it won’t be considering it.”

now confirmed by V'landys in the Courier Mail

Pearce: "Peter I have it all sorted, we restart the comp and everyone starts on 0"

V'landys: "That's fucking stupid, I hope we didn't pay you for this, get the **** out of my office dog fucker"

Pearce: "That was my son Sir"

V'landys: "Out dog fucker"

V'landys: “I spoke with Wayne Pearce this morning and we both agreed that it’s not going to come under consideration,”

You are probably right and I may be going too conspiracy theorist but I have seen enough bullshit from the NSWRL to believe that I am not completely off. They only people this will piss off is the teams and the fans of the teams that it will affect. The NRL could not give a shit about this. As a fanbase we have no voice and have no way to affect anything so why would they care?

The Roosters aren't the NRL's favourites, they just have a LOT of influence via Politis.

The biggest influencers are the fans and in turn the media, but all the fanbases are broken up. There isn't one set of fans that hold more sway than others, but if you group the NSW fans together, they're the vocal majority. In this case, a few of their teams are doing pretty well and Sydney aren't exactly that popular. The only real sway they have is through Channel 9 where they'll use Freddy, Gus and in the past Joey to get their points across. For example, look at how they reacted to the Dylan Napa hits on Korbin Sims and Andrew McCullough.

In this case of the two competition points, the fans and the media would have out-weighed any and all pro-Roosters rhetoric.

Then again, I feel like the NRL were just jangling this idea to make their actual idea look better than what it was. Even if it's a common sense idea, they can boost themselves up by acting like these other ideas were viable even though there was clearly one way. It's just a way to boost their profile in the game, to make it seem like they're doing good when really anyone in their position would come to the same decision.

It's like the Wildcard idea they came up with at the start of the year. No way, no how but it just gave something the media to chew over and an instance for the NRL to point out how they listen to fans.

To be honest, if we are the real deal, it shouldn't matter if the points are stripped. Either we'd be good and still finish high or we'd be poor and finish low (and would have then just be making up the numbers even with the other 2 wins).

OOh man dont play with me NRL. This better be for real.

notice how both of their proposals give Sydney teams a massive advantage by allowing them to stay home with their families...

The QLD teams are reportedly pushing for a proposal that allows them to stay at home as well which would be the 2 conference comp ... but according to the SMH, the 2 conference set up would still see the games played in NSW ... so what is the fucking point of splitting the comp into 2 conferences if all games are played in NSW anyway.

bias and incompetence are the NRL's watch words

notice how both of their proposals give Sydney teams a massive advantage by allowing them to stay home with their families...

The QLD teams are reportedly pushing for a proposal that allows them to stay at home as well which would be the 2 conference comp ... but according to the SMH, the 2 conference set up would still see the games played in NSW ... so what is the fucking point of splitting the comp into 2 conferences if all games are played in NSW anyway.

bias and incompetence are the NRL's watch words

Not to mention NSW is currently the hottest part of the country for Coronavirus.

Yeah let’s play games in the corona hot zone, mint idea! Not to mention the thought of taking points back to zero, injures happened, suspensions happened and player points were recorded but yeah let’s ignore the team points it’s not half obvious why they would try and push that forward...

V’landys has already said very clearly that the points will not be stripped, that it isn’t even an option, so why are people still acting like it is a possibility?

i'm tipping he is full of shit ... the following days articles are usually on the cmail website by this time of night and there is nothing resembling Badels claim ...

the only thing close is an article from Crawley saying that there is an increasing likelihood that the Sydney teams, Raiders and Knights won't be forced into isolation and can stay at home with their families while the outer Sydney teams would be forced to relocate to Sydney for at least two weeks after which it is HOPED that they can return home and travel by charter flights on game day.

the implication in this article is that not only for the first two weeks will the Sydney teams get a massive advantage by being able to stay at home, but they'll also get a major advantage by not having to play outside of Sydney for the whole season ...

Everyone play each other once, have a top 6 where 1&2 go straight through to prelims, 3v6, 4v5. Gives you a 4 month season. Depending on when they start round 3, say it is first weekend of June, this format ends regular rounds on the last weekend of August

Finals for another 3 weeks

post season of origins and pac tests etc that can start a week or so after the final. Extend as far as you need into October

gives everyone a normal finish time to the year and a regular start next season. Plenty of time to sort out contracts and shit too with a full off-season

Obviously less games but at what point do you sacrifice the integrity of the competition for the dollar? 15 games of uninterrupted competition games is better than the 25 with 6-8 weeks hampered by origin. Everyone plays each other once, home or away is the only advantage anyone gains, not some teams playing the shit teams twice and some playing the good teams twice instead

Cool so they used my idea*. I’ll take my consultancy cheque now thanks Peter

*I’m aware it was very basic, straightforward and would’ve been thought of already but I’m claiming it so there

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.