NRL Season Recommencing

The season hasn’t been cancelled yet. I’d say they are probably refunding those who demand it, but members who care about the club probably wouldn’t be cancelling, unless they are under their own financial distress.
I mean a huge tranche of the workforce just got laid off as from yesterday. Has the club offered refunds yet? They have millions in the bank and are probably the richest club in the comp. added to this they are owned mostly by News Corp. who are not short of a shekel or two.

Let's say the NRL season starts back up again and Broncos end up winning it.

Are people going to take that win seriously?

I can totally see this happening. It’ll be legit for us, but I can see the constant refusal to get very tiresome very quickly.

While the Dragons were good and deserved winners (I guess, memory of that season doesn’t stretch long), it’s interesting that I don’t see their 2010 title questioned because of the Storm cap thing. They fucked the entire season for everyone arguably just as much as if they were a legitimate team that year.

Wolfie won’t like that

edit: unless you mean Ben

Yeah, Wolfie won't like it. As good as Carrigan is, he's no Jake Trbojevic and he never will be.

Broncos have to shred about 4 million from their payroll to get through this, staff have been identified as essential and or non-essential and non essential has taken leave or stood down. Pay cuts too across the staff are taking effect.

Lot of very worried football staff out there, I spoke to plenty of guys yesterday that are saying they are a chance to not go back.

Last edited:
Too many old boys and mates of mates on club payrolls. This is a good thing.

NRL is a joke of a business, really. They all think they are this powerhouse of a competition and spend accordingly, when they are as bad as most people these days, living off credit and spending more than they can afford.

It's out of control in 32 years the Broncos have gone from two full time staff to over 100. I understand that things have improved and certainly don't expect to still have two staff but that increase seems unreal.

The cost is phenomenal and the fact you're able to sit down in a day and list them as non essential means do you need them really?

I read today that Germany still has their football season going. Their mortality rate is by far the best in Europe, handling the issue better then every other country in europe it seems. Yet their football season keeps going and their schools were still open until last week...

I have a dream....that when we start back up again the broncos will be king, they will extend an olive branch to the nsw based clubs to join their elite competition on the broncos rules. brisbane Grand finals, Qld only commentary (we can swap fatty for Ennis tho), Qld based judiciary, Mander boss of the refs....😎

I have a dream....that when we start back up again the broncos will be king, they will extend an olive branch to the nsw based clubs to join their elite competition on the broncos rules. brisbane Grand finals, Qld only commentary (we can swap fatty for Ennis tho), Qld based judiciary, Mander boss of the refs....😎
I dunno if strictly Qld only commentating is a good thing, I can't stand Slater, JT or even Lockyer. On the otherhand Sterlo is a must.

I dunno if strictly Qld only commentating is a good thing, I can't stand Slater, JT or even Lockyer. On the otherhand Sterlo is a must.

Sterling is a Queenslander.
He originally came from Toowoomba.

I would keep Fatty over Ennis.

Fatty can dribble on about shit but there are moments where he can actually come up with some gold. He was a student of the game, he knows his shit and can read a game quite well. Problem is there is too much of a focus on comedy and he gets caught into the trap of talking shit that has little to do with the game.

I would still take him over Ennis, though. I hate the way Ennis tries to generate excitement. It sounds so fake.

If I were to keep one QLDer as a commentator, it would be Fatty, lol. All the other ones are about as interesting as watching grass grow.

Fatty is the OG, fam!

You need that balance on the commentary team. I love how he just doesn't care what he says, or who he offends/makes fun of. He's not there for some deep, insightful analysis, though like SF said, he actually really knows his stuff when he takes it seriously.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.