NRLW NRLW Brisbane Broncos Discussion 2024

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I mean, if the Roosters can afford the team they have within the cap, surely we can too.

Cap is not my concern, more so available spots/game time.

we have 10 confirmed forwards with Romy appearing to be staying at least this season and only a maximum 8 spots each week, depending on what we do with the bench

Larsson is still signed for this year at least, but I rate her quite highly so I hope she gets some decent runs and stays here.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Stacey Waaka has signed with us.

I like that signing.

5x Gold Medalist.

Women's Rugby World Cup x2.
Olympic games.
Commonwealth Games.
Rugby World Cup Sevens.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Stacey Waaka has signed with us.

I like that signing.

5x Gold Medalist.

Women's Rugby World Cup x2.
Olympic games.
Commonwealth Games.
Rugby World Cup Sevens.

She’s a gun, hopefully she’s been signed as our FB

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Broncos look to have signed academy player Kaylani Tavita to a development deal for 2024 - notable as she’ll be only 17 next year (assuming it’s a proper top grade dev deal)

Her sister Tay played for PNG 18s and Kaylani played for Samoa 16s at #14 and scored a try in the QPICC competition over the weekend

Kaylani has sadly suffered an ACL injury (2nd one now)

Won’t see her til at least next season

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Broncos finalise their 2024 squad:

Spreadborough is a great signing.

Filomina Hanisi (Sharks) has left and unsigned from last year are Grace Griffin, Narikah Orchard and Toni Hunt

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Broncos development players for this year:

Montaya Hudson - 18yo Devils fullback and she was on our books last season.

Shaylee Joseph - Keilee’s younger sister and another prop/lock. 19yo

Shalom Sauaso - 17yo. Had already played for the Reds in the Super W at 16. Looks to have a fair bit of hype

Reegan Hicks - 17yo second rower. Like the others, has been named in every 17s and 19s squad you can think of.

So the squad is fully settled now.

A real shame for me was not seeing Breanna Eales get another contract. She was an excellent late addition after Orchard was injured but unfortunately broke her wrist and we didn’t survive long enough for her to come back. Age may not necessarily be on her side, but I think she’ll be a great value pickup for any club. Not wishing injury on any of our girls of course but I hope she’ll be looked at again if someone goes down

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Broncos development players for this year:

Montaya Hudson - 18yo Devils fullback and she was on our books last season.

Shaylee Joseph - Keilee’s younger sister and another prop/lock. 19yo

Shalom Sauaso - 17yo. Had already played for the Reds in the Super W at 16. Looks to have a fair bit of hype

Reegan Hicks - 17yo second rower. Like the others, has been named in every 17s and 19s squad you can think of.

So the squad is fully settled now.

A real shame for me was not seeing Breanna Eales get another contract. She was an excellent late addition after Orchard was injured but unfortunately broke her wrist and we didn’t survive long enough for her to come back. Age may not necessarily be on her side, but I think she’ll be a great value pickup for any club. Not wishing injury on any of our girls of course but I hope she’ll be looked at again if someone goes down
How we looking this season? Any chance of doing well?

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
How we looking this season? Any chance of doing well?

Honestly it’s so hard to tell year-on-year since the competition has expanded.

We have about 90% of the same squad as last season, so there’s positives and negatives with that.

Players are more familiar with each other and with Prince’s coaching so we should should be able to have a better start than last year, but that could also give similar results

Stacey Waaka and where she fits in will be interesting because god knows we need a new fullback. Maddick just hasn’t been cutting it since she was permanently in the side

Another big in is Keilee Joseph who will be a fantastic middle for us and showed the difference she makes to a side in Origin II after missing the first game

Broughton also played most of last season with a bulging disc so she should have a better season (not that it was bad) but may also take some time getting back into full swing since the surgery

The forwards puzzle for the year and with one eye on 25 will be most interesting for me.

We have Duzzi, Rapana, Teitzel, Denman, Fogavini, Joseph, Nu’uausala, Clark and Lafaele plus Brill, Ferguson and Gould as our hookers. That’s already far too many forwards for a 17 and then we have Larsson who missed last season through injury and even Spreadborough can be a bit of a dual centre/forward.

It’s good in that we have a heap of of forward cover (take note Kev) but I wonder if Prince will try and rotate players through/name a horses for courses team each week or just cut and past the same 17 every week regardless of results

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.