NSW Fans

LOL, oh please, this is gold. You bagging out slaters support play when u are a fan of hunt. Hunt is possibly the worst support player in the game.

Billy Slater will tell you that Benji Marshall is the best support player in the game.

Billy-Slater-Kangaroos-6364634.jpg

and karmichael hunt will tell u that Brett Kimmorley is the hardest person in league to shoulder charge LOL, and that pearce has the best in and away in the game LOL

That's fine - K didn't through away the World Cup did he!!

Here's hoping Darius Boyd is next year's QLD fullback.

Better yet. If Tate's fit and firing:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Folau

LOL i gotta admire ur willingness to stick with something. Before this year, you never suggested inglis at fullback. Now ur glory boy has gone, all of a sudden u need someone else to push for to replace slater and all of a sudden its inglis.

I never suggested Hunt be the QLD fullback over Slater, look back over the threads saying name your QLD team and you will see that. At one point I wanted Hunt to start and Slater come on after 20 minutes and play the rest of the game like last year, but that's about it.

Now that I have seen that Slater simply cannot do the job, we need someone else, and Inglis is a better fullback than Slater anyway.

inglis is the best player in the game, he could play anywhere and be a star (cept maybe 5/8th ... BELLAMY!)

Jeba said:
Now that I have seen that Slater simply cannot do the job, we need someone else, and Inglis is a better fullback than Slater anyway.
How many games has Inglis played at fullback in the last 3-4 years? How can you possibly say he's a better fullback than Slater when he's never played there in top grade rugby league for more than a fill in in a handful of matches?

We've won the last 2 series with Billy Slater as fullback, he's the current Australian Fullback, International Player of the year, Golden Boot winner, and should've been the reigning Dally M Player of the Year too - he can do the job better than any other player.

Slater's record as a starting fullback in the last 4 years: 2/4 wins. And that's the 4 years that we won in a row!
Add in his 2005 (IIRC) series, and that record is even worse.

Also in the last 2 Origin matches, the opposition scored 4 tries from his mistakes (2 in Game 2 and 2 in Game 3).
People rate him based on his club form, but how often do you see him replicate it at rep level? It's a completely different ball game there. He gets what, 1 linebreak or try due to his speed every 2 or 3 games? Does that make up for all of his awful 2nd/3rd man plays (where even the crowd ducks their heads when he passes the ball) and his complete lack of reliablity when it comes to high pressure decisions?

Billy Slater rocks my world

Alec said:
Slater's record as a starting fullback in the last 4 years: 2/4 wins. And that's the 4 years that we won in a row!
Add in his 2005 (IIRC) series, and that record is even worse.

Also in the last 2 Origin matches, the opposition scored 4 tries from his mistakes (2 in Game 2 and 2 in Game 3).
Which 4 tries were scored from his mistakes? The Jaryd Hayne intercept is one, what are the other 3?

I also didnt say his record as a starting fullback, I said the matches where he has played fullback for the majority of the game - meaning all 3 of 2008 and all 3 of 2009. We won 4 of those 6 matches. In 2005 he was in Games 1 and 2 - one win, one loss. In 2004 he played out of position for all 3 games, 1 win and 2 losses - including a Man of the Match performance in the winning game, scoring 3 tries that series. He's currently sitting equal 5th in the all-time State of Origin try scorers list with 7.

You can't really argue that he's not a good player at Origin level, because he has proven that he is. I have no doubt you'll try though.

Anonymous person said:
Yes, Slater is so much better than every other fullback in the game. He didn't play 'crap' in Game 3, he scored a try only he could've and saved numerous tries with great tackles that most fullbacks would not have made. Sure, it wasn't anywhere near his best game, but it was still decent.

What do you make of his 2009 club form though mate? As with past seasons I have seen most games of each round and I would think that on 2009 club form he would be ranked 4th or 5th best fullback behind Hayne, Boyd, Patton and Merritt. No doubting his skill and ability to do amazing stuff on the field but if things keep going the way they are for Billy he will be up against it to play in the #1 for Qld next year - even with the loyalty Qld show to their past players.

Active Now

• davidp
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • Locky24
  • Manofoneway
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.