NSW Fans

Jeba said:
FTR - I have always been for Slater as fullback for QLD up until now. I am convinced there is a better option.
Someone who hasn't played Fullback for any extended period of time since 2004 at the latest......

Well, yeh!!!!

Well actually no, he played there in 2006 [icon_wink

i do remember him playing a bit of fullback when he first came onto the scene, miright?

Jeba said:
Well, yeh!!!!

Well actually no, he played there in 2006 [icon_wink
While Slater was suspended. Not a whole season, wasn't even half a season IIRC.

It was 8 matches to be precise. 6 matches in a row, the a further 2 later on in the season.

Yeah, Inglis has played fullback for the Storm on a few occasions when Slater had been out. Man, I'd love to see him have a go these days, given the size he is! He'd be tough to stop on kick returns.

QUEENSLANDER said:
i do remember him playing a bit of fullback when he first came onto the scene, miright?

Correct. He played his Q-Cup for Norths at fullback, and played some games at fullback for the Storm in 2005. He started in the centres in 2006 before Slater got suspended and he was moved to fullback where he was absolutely outstanding.

Fozz said:
Yeah, Inglis has played fullback for the Storm on a few occasions when Slater had been out. Man, I'd love to see him have a go these days, given the size he is! He'd be tough to stop on kick returns.

IIRC Inglis played fullback in the 2006 Grand Final right? And Shaun Berrigan pwned him.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
Alec said:
Slater's record as a starting fullback in the last 4 years: 2/4 wins. And that's the 4 years that we won in a row!
Add in his 2005 (IIRC) series, and that record is even worse.

Also in the last 2 Origin matches, the opposition scored 4 tries from his mistakes (2 in Game 2 and 2 in Game 3).
Which 4 tries were scored from his mistakes? The Jaryd Hayne intercept is one, what are the other 3?

There's also his fumble for David Williams' 8 point try. If Slater had just concentrated on getting control of the ball first instead of scooping it up in the hope of running the length of the field there wouldn't have been a problem.

Im assuming thats one of those 2 mistakes in each match? Id like to hear the others tho. We have the intercept to hayne, the fumble to williams.... wat are the other 2 Alec?

Well, actually the other 2 tries weren't directly scored through his mistakes, but still. They were due to knock ons IIRC.

Coxy said:
Fozz said:

IIRC Inglis played fullback in the 2006 Grand Final right? And Shaun Berrigan pwned him.

No, Slaytor did.

Hmm. I thought Slater was out for that game. I don't recall Slater at all in that game. How's that possible when he's the greatest player ever to lace on a boot and the only league player you can see from space?

He must've forgotten to take off his invisibility cloak.

Inglis played fullback for QLD U17'S & U18'S too. Having seen them both play fullback, I'd take Inglis every day of the week.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • teampjta
  • phoenix
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Allo
  • trugo bronco
  • Jazza
  • rj9
  • Skathen
  • Viti
  • RolledOates
  • leon.bott
  • Redux
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Rookie Alan
  • Justwin
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.