NSW Five Eigth

Who should be the five eigth for NSW?

• Total voters
Carney.

Switching the team year in year out is what is killing the idiots. That and Carney is a pretty classy player.

Has to be Maloney.

Carney with his injuries as of late is just too big of a risk taking him into this series and due to those injuries he seems to be lacking the confidence. He felt the pressure last year as well when it came to goal kicking and running the ball.

Carney.

Switching the team year in year out is what is killing the idiots. That and Carney is a pretty classy player.

This 100%. Stop fucking with the spine and stick with what you have. If Carney is injured, Maloney is the obvious next pick but they should be sticking with the incumbent.

Boggles my mind that NSW make this mistake every year, picking whoever seems to be in form in club footy instead of banking on the experience the pair gained the previous series. Queensland stuck with Locky and Thurston despite the poor finish to 2005 and look at what happened next...

I'm expecting QLD to announce the exact team from 2012. 1 through 17.

I think what most surprises me actually is that think back to last season and James Maloney was fucking horrible. Diabolical. Sure, Warriors as a team sucked arse, but he did absolutely nothing to help the situation.

Move forward 12 months and yes, he's going gangbusters (as he was for the Warriors in 2011...when they were going well).

Surely that's a hint that Maloney is a "Front runner" - he goes well when his team is dominating, but he's horrible when they're struggling. In Origin where often you rely on a playmaker to make something happen to turn momentum, can you rely on him?

The 5/8th spot will be between Carney and Maloney, Maloney being the favourite to take it but Carney can give selectors a rethink if he puts in quality consistent performances over the next month.

Carney was excellent in his last game a few days ago, but it's almost like his team mates agreed that they don't want him playing Origin, and butchered pretty much ever opportunity he created.

I think what most surprises me actually is that think back to last season and James Maloney was fucking horrible. Diabolical. Sure, Warriors as a team sucked arse, but he did absolutely nothing to help the situation.

Move forward 12 months and yes, he's going gangbusters (as he was for the Warriors in 2011...when they were going well).

Surely that's a hint that Maloney is a "Front runner" - he goes well when his team is dominating, but he's horrible when they're struggling. In Origin where often you rely on a playmaker to make something happen to turn momentum, can you rely on him?

Very well put. Unless of course we're both wrong and it's actually Maloney's form that is driving the form of his teams. . . . Nah.

Imo Roosters are going well because of their pack, and the strike power of Jennings and Williams.

Maloney is capitalising, yes. But he's not the driving force.

When will NSW learn you have to pick a halves pairing and stick with it for longer than 1 series, Its gotta be Carney!

People seem to be forgetting that Maloney and Pearce are a combination at the Roosters. Jennings will also be in the side, so that's another combination with the halves.

People seem to be forgetting that Maloney and Pearce are a combination at the Roosters. Jennings will also be in the side, so that's another combination with the halves.

People also seem to be forgetting that the NSW pack will not have half the roll-on that the Roosters are enjoying, which means that Pearce & Maloney are going to have far fewer opportunities if they're picked for NSW.

Forwards matched it with the maroons last year, big fella.

Well, if you want to talk about combinations, Pearce played more footy together with Carney than with Maloney.

Active Now

• ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.