NSW Five Eigth

Who should be the five eigth for NSW?

• Total voters
Sorry, I was referring to the NSW forwards matching ours. The point being the forward platform won't be the same as what the Roosters provide

Sorry, I was referring to the NSW forwards matching ours. The point being the forward platform won't be the same as what the Roosters provide

Yeah, agreed. It's actually the exact same worry I have about the Broncos, when our forwards start feeling the physical toll of the season.

Seems like Todd Carney's place in the side hangs in the balance with James Maloney tipped to be in Daley's side for Game 1 in around 4 weeks time.

Who do you think should be five eigth and why?

Carney tends to go MIA in the bigger games........he's still done nothing when the pressure is really on. I think he's a myth.

Maloney and Pearce combo.....it's working well at the Roosters. Why not?

I've got new found respect for John Sutton in the way he has turned his game and attitude around, but I can't help think that he would revert back to his old self and be sitting in the grandstands, totally overawed by the intensity of the game.

Campo....probably do his knee for the millionth time in the first 15 mins.

Mullen ....mehh!

People also seem to be forgetting that the NSW pack will not have half the roll-on that the Roosters are enjoying, which means that Pearce & Maloney are going to have far fewer opportunities if they're picked for NSW.

NSW forward pack had the better of us last year...and with Farrah, they'll get a roll on at times.

Last edited:
When has Maloney stepped up in the big games?

For me, he's in the exact same boat as TC, except TC has already been blooded and you won't be starting him off from square one with most of the squad.

He also has a pre-existing combo with Pearce, although I believe having a combination is bit of a myth.

Halves combination.

Hooker, halfback & fullback - completely different although rare. Not many clubs can boast a combination that has been playing together for over ten years at this point.

I think Sutton is extremely under rated and offers something entirely unique. His running game and fend create so many opportunities for those around him. Eg merit and ingles tries this season. His kicking game isn't quite as good as the alternative options though.

Yeah, Sutton and Reynolds a must, along with Merritt and Sam/George Burgess.

Anyone think Josh Reynolds woudl be up for the task this year? He's been in some good form of late. Whoever NSW pick for the halves, I hope they stick with them for not just all games this series, but even future series, especially if they pick a few new players in the halves. I think the lack of faith shown in players during QLDs dominant years have in part added to the dominance.

Has to be Maloney.

Carney with his injuries as of late is just too big of a risk taking him into this series and due to those injuries he seems to be lacking the confidence. He felt the pressure last year as well when it came to goal kicking and running the ball.

It seriously has got to be a QLD thing to see that sticking with one team of play makers is the solution. How can you be happy to change your spine AGAIN?

I'm sorry, but the NSW selectors are full retard if they don't persist with the same spine.

Carney has been great in his last 2 matches. If he's playing injured, he doesn't show it.

Too bad the wanker can't kick a field goal.

No golden point please.

I have a feeling that the selectors will go with Maloney instead of Carney as James has been playing outstandingly well and the club combination with Pearce also is a factor.

The media keep throwing Sutton up as an option, please please please please pick him and Merritt. Are they that dumb?

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • BroncoFan94
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.