NSW Game I Team

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I still don't understand why Tedesco is at fullback.

They have Mitchell, Roberts and Addo-Carr in the back line. Why wouldn't you go with someone that knows what passing is? Trbojevic would have been the better option because he would have been better at putting his outside men into space.

I still don't understand why Tedesco is at fullback.

They have Mitchell, Roberts and Addo-Carr in the back line. Why wouldn't you go with someone that knows what passing is? Trbojevic would have been the better option because he would have been better at putting his outside men into space.

Their bench is bizarre as well IMO. They should have loaded it up with big units like Paulo (even TPJ and Fifita for 2 games) to take advantage of a shit QLD pack and give their quick men space. Seriously, the current QLD pack is weaker than the Broncos full strength pack...

Well the broncs do have a good pack now

Looks like the leaked team is correct. Photos doing the rounds of NSW team walk. Jet, Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Cleary, RCG, Vaughan, Crighton all in plain view.

Good side, let's see how their halves and hooker go in origin.

I was thinking NSW would slaughter us but to me they still have deficiencies. The most glaring to me is defence in their outside backs... they have attack across the board but could be very susceptible where we may be strongest.

My take
Teddy - has shown that he can't just be implanted into a system and thrive. Coaching will need to utilise him correctly.
JAC - Freak finisher but lacks workload
Latrell - Strong offensively but workload is low, can go missing and defence is somewhat suspect
Jimmy - We know what he offers offensively, but still uncertain defensively
Tom Turbo - Strong offensively but defence may be suspect only because he hasnt played wing in a long while... suspect he will be fine though
Maloney - again strong offensively but defense is very suspect. Penalty and error magnet
Cleary - Strong all round player only experience against him
RCG - high impact hit ups and defense but suspect his workload isn't all that high for a prop (might be related to minutes)
Cook - In excellent form and great offensively. However to me he is given a license at souths to run every time there's a quick play the ball. Will need that license at origin level to succeed
Klemmer - proven origin player high meters high impact. Only negative may be a lack of variation (offloads, etc.)
Cordner - appears to be a dime a dozen second rower nowadays... lacks ball playing, footwork and agility. Appears very one dimensional
Frizell - high impact player but appears to have struggled as an 80min forward this year (may be related to Hunt as his inside half)
JDB - will thrive in origin can pump out big minutes, high workload, probably the best one on one defender at the moment, great ball playing.
Peach - good option will thrive in origin... can hog the ball
Jake Turbo - definite origin player. No real weaknesses and probably a future captain
Vaughan - solid prop who will get through the work
Crichton - great player should probably be starting to get the most out of him but will thrive

Our forwards aren't as good overall but that's over an NRL season, Kevvie only has to get them up 2 times to win the series.

They are good enough to achieve that IMO.
History will show that if you tell a team how everyone thinks they are shit they can lift to play above themselves.

If we are going to win this year we are exactly
where we need to be .

Written off with NSW spruiking a dynasty

Official team for Game I.

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jack De Belin
14. Paul Vaughan
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tyrone Peachey
18. Tariq Sims
19. Nick Cotric

Everyone saying NSW have the better team. Qld are the better team imo.

Official team for Game I.

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jack De Belin
14. Paul Vaughan
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tyrone Peachey
18. Tariq Sims
19. Nick Cotric
Thats a insane team... Class all round. Jimmy, Addo-Carr and Mitchell, let's hope our boys have thier Defensive skills polished up

Thats a insane team... Class all round. Jimmy, Addo-Carr and Mitchell, let's hope our boys have thier Defensive skills polished up

We won't have to worry about those players when they are in the attacking zone, Tedesco doesn't pass.

As threatening as that backline looks, it's also pretty prone to brain snaps defensively. The best defender from the lot is probably Cleary...
If our boys are switched on in defense, an upset is in the cards.

We won't have to worry about those players when they are in the attacking zone, Tedesco doesn't pass.

Darius Boyd has been known as one of the best passing & kicking Fullbacks in the comp over the last 4 years or so, right?

Try Assists by year for Darius Boyd -

2015 - 8
2016 - 15
2017 - 7
2018 - 4*

Try Assists by year for James Tedesco -

2015 - 12
2016 - 12
2017 - 8
2018 - 4*

Fake news.

Darius Boyd has been known as one of the best passing & kicking Fullbacks in the comp over the last 4 years or so, right?

Try Assists by year for Darius Boyd -

2015 - 8
2016 - 15
2017 - 7
2018 - 4*

Try Assists by year for James Tedesco -

2015 - 12
2016 - 12
2017 - 8
2018 - 4*

Fake news.
Imagine if Boyd didn't play half a season in 2015. Is there a stat showing how many missed opportunities Tedesco ruined by not passing the ball?

Imagine if Boyd didn't play half a season in 2015. Is there a stat showing how many missed opportunities Tedesco ruined by not passing the ball?

Tedesco has played fewer games than Boyd over the course of that 4 years, fake news.

Tedesco has played fewer games than Boyd over the course of that 4 years, fake news.
Yeah but the season he won significantly in he played 24 games whilst Boyd played 15. He also played more games in 2017 and only beat him by one. Alternatively, Boyd played more games in the season he won significantly. Your stats prove that whoever plays more games gets higher stats but it does not show how many missed opportunities were caused by Tedesco not passing the ball.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.