NSW Origin I Side

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
How he didn't win MOM in game 2 of that 2012 series is only something god knows, amazing performance considering the circumstances. He won the NSW player of the series medal in 2012 and is the first choice hooker for his state and has captained them twice. He has also played 8 tests for Australia and played a part in a World Cup winning team 3 years ago. He has also won hooker of the year twice, been runner up to player of the year and was named in the 2010 RILF team of the year. If it wasn't for Cameron Smith he would be the first choice hooker for Australia. He should also have played at least 20 origins by now.
He's also a ****

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
lol Broncoman. Your team is shit mate, 1/10. Good going. :laugh:
Come on now Nashy ;) You're the owner of the site and that's just a bit harsh...he's not wrong about Farrah you know despite him not being particularly popular. I mean if he played for us and Mc never existed we would have been a better team for it.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Probably one of the bravest individual performances in recent years

How he didn't win MOM in game 2 of that 2012 series is only something god knows, amazing performance considering the circumstances. He won the NSW player of the series medal in 2012 and is the first choice hooker for his state and has captained them twice. He has also played 8 tests for Australia and played a part in a World Cup winning team 3 years ago. He has also won hooker of the year twice, been runner up to player of the year and was named in the 2010 RILF team of the year. If it wasn't for Cameron Smith he would be the first choice hooker for Australia. He should also have played at least 20 origins by now.
Cam Smith obviously rested. Who the **** are we playing in this game anyway? Armenia?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Come on now Nashy ;) You're the owner of the site and that's just a bit harsh...he's not wrong about Farrah you know despite him not being particularly popular. I mean if he played for us and Mc never existed we would have been a better team for it.
Robbie is a shit **** no matter where he plays. That and Origin rivalry states that I need to bag him out. Being that he's Robbie Farah, it makes it a pretty simple task.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Cam Smith obviously rested. Who the **** are we playing in this game anyway? Armenia?
Ireland.

We absolutely flogged them.

We could have ran out our D squad and still would have flogged them.

He played a part in the group stages. Wasn't picked again after this game.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
That was also when Sheens was coach wasn't it? The same era of great selections that included Tiger specials Keith Galloway and Chris Lawrence right?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So does Bird miss this game for abusing the touchie on Sunday?

I remember O'Donnell once got charged for it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Also, if not for Cam Smith and Tim Sheens' favouritism, you could also argue Matt Ballin would have had 20 origins under his belt and a similar number of tests.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Bull. Wobbie the shit **** would never have made the Broncos a better team. He's a coach-undermining self-entitled wanker who describes himself as better than Cameron Smith. Sheens used to pick him for the Australian squad anyway despite him being as useful as a chocolate teapot at rep level, and Robbie repaid the favour by giving Sheens the sack.

I'd honestly rather have Rory Kostfuckingjasyn than Wobbie at the Broncos. At least Kostjasyn doesn't carry on like a prick and think he's the best hooker since Julia Roberts.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
FFS this made me laugh way too much.
Bull. Wobbie the shit **** would never have made the Broncos a better team. He's a coach-undermining self-entitled wanker who describes himself as better than Cameron Smith. Sheens used to pick him for the Australian squad anyway despite him being as useful as a chocolate teapot at rep level, and Robbie repaid the favour by giving Sheens the sack.

I'd honestly rather have Rory Kostfuckingjasyn than Wobbie at the Broncos. At least Kostjasyn doesn't carry on like a prick and think he's the best hooker since Julia Roberts.
Only weak coaches snd boards out up with that .... Bennett would have put him in his place long ago or fucked him off.

And the Broncos board would have backed him. Unlike the Tigers board

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Only weak coaches snd boards out up with that .... Bennett would have put him in his place long ago or fucked him off.

And the Broncos board would have backed him. Unlike the Tigers board
How did the Tigers board not back him while letting him call the shots?

OXY-351

NRL Player
It's funny seeing people talk up Ennis for a spot, wonder if they ever saw him play Origin he had no positive influence in any game he was in.
No I understand why you jizz over Andrew Johns so much. The guy was positive and under the influence most games he played.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
How did the Tigers board not back him while letting him call the shots?
Foordy is referring to the Taylor/Farah incident.

Taylor wanted Farah gone, in the midst of it the Tigers brought in a new CEO who reviewed the issue and decided it was in everybody's best interest if Robbie stayed.

Taylor was so adamant he would get his way, he signed Matt Ballin as a ready made replacement. Ballin was set to fill the role of starting hooker and mentor for Cherrington and Liddle, but then the situation came to a head, Ballin suffered a serious injury and Taylor had his hands forced.

The more I look into the situation, the more I find myself siding with Farah. He cops a lot of flack for supposedly being critical of his former coaches, but I can't think of many players who weren't. Unless they were trained under a Gibson, Bennett or Fulton - at some point most players have formed a negative opinion of their coaches and wanted them gone.

If the 2010/11 Broncos review can be believed, our club certainly wasn't immune from it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Who cares, Taylor lost his opportunity to put his stamp on the club as soon as the board sided with Farah. He made a choice to make a stand and will probably end up being kicked to the curb for it. I'm not saying that Taylor is a great coach but that certainly was a massive kick in the guts to a guy who was trying to make it work.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
It was incredibly naive of Taylor.

"I'm a failed coach trying to resurrect my career and I'm going to do it by releasing the captain who is set to earn $2 Million over two seasons. I'm sure our cap can cover it and that other clubs will help alleviate me of the situation."

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No one here would give up a 2 million dollar contract just because the new "boss" said he doesn't want you anymore. Farah was 100% right to fight the club on it. I don't understand the attitude these days that fighting for your legal rights somehow makes you a dick. People should do it more often, so clubs can't use and abuse players as they see fit. A contract is a commitment, not something you throw out there to seal a deal, and then change your mind on it when it comes time to pay up.

Also, who made that whole incident public? It's a perfect example of what an amateur club they are. That kind of thing should be handled completely behind closed doors and only shared publicly when an agreement is reached, or not shared at all if no agreement is reached.

Last edited:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
No one here would give up a 2 million dollar contract just because the new "boss" said he doesn't want you anymore. Farah was 100% right to fight the club on it. I don't understand the attitude these days that fighting for your legal rights somehow makes you a dick. People should do it more often, so clubs can't use and abuse players as they see fit. A contract is a commitment, not something you throw out there to seal a deal, and then change your mind on it when it comes time to pay up.

Also, who made that whole incident public? It's a perfect example of what an amateur club they are. That kind of thing should be handled completely behind closed doors and only shared publicly when an agreement is reached, or not shared at all if no agreement is reached.
To my knowledge Robbie's management made the situation public and ran a campaign through a number of friendly journalists.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Either way, what a mess.

That kind of amateur hour rubbish would never happen at our club. Thankfully we have actual professionals running the joint and not ex-footballers who completed a cert II in business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter