OFFICIAL NSW Squad 2020

I really don't understand the logic of Walker on the bench.

Surely Wighton would cover 5/8 if Keary got injured but I can't see any cover if one of Wighton/Gutho were to get injured?

Aside from his inclusion and Gutho, it's a damn good side.

Very curious to see how Keary performs. His form was beginning to wane big time and I question whether he'll be as passionate playing for the Blues as he would be for the Maroons considering how many times he tried to get an exemption.

That forward pack looks like an area where Queensland can win. The bench will be tough when they come on, but if Queensland can win those opening exchanges it may not even matter.

NSW obviously deserved favourites, but I don't think this is the best 17 they've ever named either.

Many of the NSW team were playing out of form, including the back three of the pack. Cordner and Frizzell were well below their best as Jake T.

After such a gruelling season (because of bubble crap) - this will be won and lost between the ears. Whichever coach to get their players mentally prepared - convincing them that another five weeks at the end of the season is worth-it-all - will take the series.

Many of the NSW team were playing out of form, including the back three of the pack. Cordner and Frizzell were well below their best as Jake T.

After such a gruelling season (because of bubble crap) - this will be won and lost between the ears. Whichever coach to get their players mentally prepared - convincing them that another five weeks at the end of the season is worth-it-all - will take the series.
Form don't mean shit in origin

NSW learned what it can mean to use players out of position. Wighton and Queen Gutho were good examples. They were useless. For Game 2, I'd bring in Crichton and Luai keeping Walker on the bench. A Penrith combination in the halves with Crichton in the centres would be dangerous, and, I'd also bring Lomax in for Queen Gutho. For mine, that would be a very dangerous line up.

NSW learned what it can mean to use players out of position. Wighton and Queen Gutho were good examples. They were useless. For Game 2, I'd bring in Crichton and Luai keeping Walker on the bench. A Penrith combination in the halves with Crichton in the centres would be dangerous, and, I'd also bring Lomax in for Queen Gutho. For mine, that would be a very dangerous line up.

NSW have never got their side right. They choose what they think are their best players regardless of position. Qld chooses its best players based on the needs of a position, even if they are better overall players available.

NSW should go with:

1. Paps
2. Tedesco
3. Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Walker
15. Paulo
16. Campbell-Gillard
17. Gutherson

NSW have never got their side right. They choose what they think are their best players regardless of position. Qld chooses its best players based on the needs of a position, even if they are better overall players available.

NSW should go with:

1. Paps
2. Tedesco
3. Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Walker
15. Paulo
16. Campbell-Gillard
17. Gutherson
Walker, Gutherson on the bench and and Tedesco out of position is an issue for me but the rest is pretty spot on. Mine would be as follows but I hope they don't do it. I'd pick one of Paps or Tedesco. Top 2 in their position but there is only one spot

1. Tedesco
2. Johnson
3. S Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Crichton
15. Paulo
16. Haas
17. McInnes

Last edited:

NSW should go with:

1. Paps
2. Tedesco
3. Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Walker
15. Paulo
16. Campbell-Gillard
17. Gutherson
Freddy is trying to be too clever imo. Trying to fit too many gamebreakers in there to beat us 60-0.

If he just stuck with good players playing in their position, they would've won easily.

Walker, Gutherson on the bench and and Tedesco out of position is an issue for me but the rest is pretty spot on. Mine would be as follows but I hope they don't do it. I'd pick one of Paps or Tedesco. Top 2 in their position but there is only one spot

1. Tedesco
2. Johnson
3. S Crichton
4. Lomax
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Saifiti
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Crichton
15. Paulo
16. Haas
17. McInnes
That backline is seriously good, miles ahead of the shit they used last night. A centre pairing of Crichton and Lomax would be a big worry. I think we would hold them in the forwards but not in the backs.

Last edited:
Tedesco pretty much has to stay at fullback. He was threatening all night, probably the only consistently threatening player with JAC.

Corner needs to retire for his own good, and I wouldn't even begrudge the Roosters being able to retire him on medical grounds. That should free them up $2.5 million a year to sign the early '90s Chicago Bulls team.

TECHNICALLY, he is still fit to play at an elite level, but when one decent head knock has the increasing likelihood of him ending up a vegetable, I'd say that's fair grounds.

He should retire. Hopefully he''ll be stood down and it will give him time to realise it.

If it's gotten to the point where there is major concern and you need to have 6 weeks off every time you're hit in the head it's time to end it.

Sydney Crosby (nhl) had to have a full year off to get his concussion symptoms sorted and now he’s fine, I hope cordner does the same. Because **** the roosters! Also cordner is still youngish.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.