NSW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sigh of relief when I read that Gallen is cleared wouldve been heard at Sydney. Go Gallen you hero.
Because he's been so instrumental in all the Series wins he's been involved in.....oh.......wait :shady:

So I just read that Gallen will miss this weeks game with an early guilty plea. But he may fight the charge and lose, and still miss the game, but that means he will have a clean slate, whereas the early guilty plea will see the 75 carryover points remain on his record.

Great system....

And we all know the panel will find him not guilty so be is clean for his grubby Origin tactics. Guarantee if roles were reversed Taylor would have copped a much bigger grading. Having a guy intentionally knee a head deserves more than 1 week ffs!

If I had a player that crucial to my teams chances I'd take my chances with the judiciary every time this early in the year. That 75 points could really bite you later like Cam Smith a few years ago. They have been lucky that it coincides with injury and playing a team they probably can't beat yet .

NSW would be telling him how to plead not Cronulla seeing as they are the ones who figured out what grading to give him to "show" they are actually punishing him. Once again the NSW judiciary strikes again.

Michael Jennings was surely dropped for disciplinery reasons. I think he has been the Panthers best player this year as he is the top try-scoring centre in the comp. Jennings should still be picked.

Rocky don't disprove Broncoman's obviously true statement with facts, that's just mean.

I think this will be Ricky Stuart's Team

1.Brett Stewart
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Michael Jennings
5.Akuila Uate
6.Todd Carney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Paul Gallen
9.Robbie Farah
10.James Tamou
11.Luke Lewis
12.Glenn Stewart
13.Greg Bird

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.Anthony Watmough
16.Tariq Simms
17.Tony Williams

Here's My Team

1.Anthony Minichiello
2.Andrew Everingham
3.Josh Morris
4.Jamal Idris/Chris Lawerence
5.Akulia Uate
6.Todd Carney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Paul Gallen
9.Michael Ennis
10.Michael Weyman
11.Tariq Simms
12.Luke Lewis
13.Feleti Mateo

14.Peter Wallace
15.Jame Tamou
16.Tony Williams
17.Greg Bird

NSW will have a scary looking backline this year, that's for sure!

On the topic of halves, the biggest threat to Queensland is Carney at five-eighth. In the past few years, some NSW players (in particular playmakers) have really gone into their shell in Origin but I don't think the pressure of Origin will faze him at all. He's got that infectious confidence about him - I reckon he'll lift others around him as well.

Can see him being pretty dangerous and the rest of the backline feeding off him.

I think the 7 & 9 is where NSW lose this. Their pack, if it includes T-Rex, Sims, Tamou and Gallen, has the potential to punch holes in the QLD defence and match what our awesome pack does. Problem for NSW is they'll have Pearce and Farah distributing the ball and driving the team, whereas QLD will have Cronk and Smith. Personally I think Farah is great at his best, but prone to costly inconsistency, whilst Pearce is a strong runner and kicker, but frankly an average half as far as representative level goes. The collective choices that Farah and Pearce make, compared to that of Cronk and Smith, is where QLD wins this (assuming our forwards don't just dominate from the get go).

Carney is potentially the best half available for NSW but even at his best he could get lost in the middle of games. Pearce & Farah need to lead from the front & give Carney opportunity to weave his magic if they're a chance. With Gallen on the field, that's a big possibility.

Not sure if serious...

But yes, I agree that we will have a very dangerous backline. However, you could have the BEST backline in the comp but if your halves don't know how to distribute the ball then it won't mean jack shit.

Personally, this year I think it all comes down to the halves. If Ricky picks that team, I personally think that if we can "match" the QLD pack (Which is quite possible now that I think about it) then our halves might just be able to perform at their peak.

I was being serious, yes. NSW can win this year. Their backline should be very strong. Carney is in great form and you'll have Pearce to direct traffic.

Depending which way Stuart goes with the forwards you could match us in the forwards. Your back rowers should probably have an edge and you will likely have more impact from the bench if you pick Tariq and T-Rex.

IMO NSW will be in their best position to win the series in the last 6 years.

Carney at 6 and Hayne in the 1. They should have points in them. Just a matter of the 7 and 9 actually being good.

I hope they pick Hayne at fullback he is so awful defensively there. However I am scared of what he can do if they put him on the wing, by far his best Origin performances have been there. I saw Sterlo pick his side today and he picked Creagh in his starting pack, man I wish he was a selector!

Fair call on Hayne, defensively he is poor but his attack at fullback can be phenomenal. Either way they must pick him in the side. Fingers crossed they pick Creagh, would be classic.

I agree they should definitely pick him as he is one of only a small few that have really got the better of QLD at times. I just think he is too much of a liability at this level as a fullback, Sticky should put him on a wing and get him to roam a bit in attack especially late in the halves to exploit tired legs.

On the topic of halves, the biggest threat to Queensland is Carney at five-eighth. In the past few years, some NSW players (in particular playmakers) have really gone into their shell in Origin but I don't think the pressure of Origin will faze him at all. He's got that infectious confidence about him - I reckon he'll lift others around him as well.

Can see him being pretty dangerous and the rest of the backline feeding off him.

Let's just hope NSW have a traditional bonding session if Carney is picked...he'll be like sober Barney on the Simpsons...one taste of booze and he'll descend into a raging alco again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.