ODIs vs England

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
Really good effort with the bat. Despite getting down to the last few balls and hitting the wall a bit when they got into a winning position, you'd have to say they did it fairly easily for a total that big. They didn't just go the tonk and arse their way to victory, it was a well timed run chase.

Good to see Clarke build on a 'clearing the cobwebs' 50 in Brisbane to an excellent 50 tonight. The pitch was a road but that hasn't mattered all season in his case. He looked in real good touch and hopefully tonight was the turning point. About time as well.

And Prior - holy shyte that was a shocker [eusa_naugh

Right up there with, and arguably exceeding, Afridi doing pirouettes on the pitch and Harbhajan not walking when he was clean bowled.

As Beads said, cue Beefy's response.

Prior should be suspended for a substantial period for what he did, it was blatant cheating and should be absolutely hammered.

Krejza in for the next game. White captaining.

The Brizz said:
Prior should be suspended for a substantial period for what he did, it was blatant cheating and should be absolutely hammered.

I'm surprised that little, if anything, has been made of it.

It's almost becoming cliche, but again it must be said - imagine if it was an Aussie.

Really hoping Krejza goes well, I think he has a lot of potential.

Well, the end of a somewhat lacklustre series. I remember a time when you'd kick yourself for missing a ODI or stay up late hoping Bevan would get us home.

Just not the same anymore, here's hoping the WC breathes some life back into the format!

7 straight games is just ridiculous, but with the direction CA is heading we'd better get used to it.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
7 straight games is just ridiculous, but with the direction CA is heading we'd better get used to it.

totally agree but nothing will change because the people running the show are hopeless.

3 match series is enough IMO.

Would rather have several teams come out each season and play a 3-match ODI series and a Twenty20. And the main visitors play Tests (either 2x 3 match series, or 1x5 match series for the Ashes).

It's fucked though. They got rid of the tri series because it was too long, and instead put a 7 match series because they have to play at least 2 games at SCG or MCG as well as the other 4 major venues.

As much as I think 20/20 cricket is over-rated it is the future of cricket. I'd prefer to see more 20/20 games rather than a 7 match ODI series. 3 match ODI series and 3 Match 20/20 series would work I reckon.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • upthebroncs
  • Hoof Hearted
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.