ODIs vs England

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
TBH, I like all of the commentators on Nine.

They form a perfect combination. They don't take themselves too seriously either, which is great IMO. Love it when one of them takes the piss out of another and you can hear them all laughing in the background. [icon_lol1.

The only one who is mildly annoying is Greigy, but that's just when we play the Poms.

I can't stand Ian Chappell. It's particularly bad during Tests. He drones on and on and on about an issue that is entirely and utterly irrelevant.

And, just like Phil Gould, you know he'll have a column in a newspaper or web site about the same issue within 24 hours.

Oh yeah, forgot about Chappell! He's so deadpan.

ABC Grandstand FTW! IMO. I love Bill Lawry though.

Jeba said:
I love Warney, but he is a shocking commentator.

Yes, but he is tactically spot on, and his judgment of player performances, techniques etc is brilliant.

He just comes across as so fucking dumb because he couldn't string 3 words together without a script writer spelling things out foe-net-ick-ly.

Yeah, the Nine Comms cop a bagging from most, but they're part of the furniture. I couldn't imagine watching the Cricket during the Aussie summer without most of them.

Sans Chappell though. When he starts rambling on and on and effing on in that tone of superiority that he puts on, holy shit that ruins my day.

"See, er, back in the, er, 70s, when a batsman was dismissed he would alwiz walk off carrying his bat under his right arm and then take his left glove off first. What, er, (insert current player here) just did by taking his right glove off first would've been considered, er, highly unusual back then. Guys like Gordon Greenidge and Viv Richards certainly wouldn't have approved of it, er, I can tell you".

I mean fair dinkum...

Fast bowler and captaincy fail here from Lee, Bollinger and Clarke. Had a real opportunity to keep them to 260-270.

Watson gone, gonna be a stretch now with the run rate creeping up and 6 wickets in hand.

Would take a miracle now. [icon_thumbs_do

What is going through White's head? Such carelessness and lack of intensity so far in this innings. Trying to play trick shots left, right and center, and to top it off he blocks a lollipop full toss straight back down the pitch. He's got a start and is striking at 50 - time to get a friggen move on.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Matt Prior [icon_lol1.

Wonder what Beefy will have to say about that... [icon_evillaugh

Well done Clarke for the 50... now bring it home :)

What a great win from the Aussies. Clarke batted really well good to see he has finally found some good form. Shame he wasn't there in the end.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • upthebroncs
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mr Fourex
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.